Finally found one!

Josh p

Observer
After several months of searching for Landcruisers and Monteros we found and purchased a 1995 Sr. It is exactly what I was looking for and although it is not perfect it is better than I expected. 133k miles. The owner had it since 2001 when they purchased it from the original owner. This will be an adventure/ camping vehicle for our family of four. First thing is to do all preventative maintenance. The Timing belt is about due which allowed us to get it for a little cheaper. I am also going to give it a full tune up. I want this thing to be as dependable as possible. From what I have read the plugs are not too fun and there is a whole lot of other stuff to do while you are at it.
Also thanks to whoever has posted the link to the FSB. That thing is extremely detailed.
Once I get all the PM done we will start making modifications but at a slow place. I have considered trying to find a m416 or similar to pull behind it. Anyway, we couldn't be more pleased and look forward to years of family enjoyment.

gaston7

Observer
Congrats josh p!! I too just picked up a 95' SR with 115k miles a couple weeks ago. I am just as pumped on it. As far as PM goes, did you say you have a detailed list of what needs to be done on our truck specifically? That would be a huge help for im puttin money into maintenance first and want it done right as well. Any info would be a huge. Thanks ahead of time. Congrats again. Lets see some pics! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mapper

Explorer
Congrats! I just picked up a bit ago too. Getting at the plugs is completely within reach if you have experience working on cars. I have a SOHC, so a little different but I got my intake off down to the plugs the first time in about 3 total hours over multiple days. Would go much faster if I did it again. I got it back together in about 2 hours. Only took that long because it had been days since I first started and I had to go back a couple times for some of the brackets. Go slow, label bolts as you go.

Search for the videos on You Tube by Jason Pez. Your DOHC will be a little different but you'll get the basics of how these motors are assembled.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Congrats! I just picked up a bit ago too. Getting at the plugs is completely within reach if you have experience working on cars. I have a SOHC, so a little different but I got my intake off down to the plugs the first time in about 3 total hours over multiple days. Would go much faster if I did it again. I got it back together in about 2 hours. Only took that long because it had been days since I first started and I had to go back a couple times for some of the brackets. Go slow, label bolts as you go.

Search for the videos on You Tube by Jason Pez. Your DOHC will be a little different but you'll get the basics of how these motors are assembled.
Nice tip on looking up Jason's video's.:26_7_2:

Josh p

Observer
Ok so here is the latest. After getting it home it is hard to start when cold. Sometimes it starts right up but then dies immediately. I replaced the coolant temperature sensor. Didn't work. Any ideas?
Edit: forgot to mention that it runs great once it gets going.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior