Financing a Canadian trailer

EPO

I am literally lying down in my Arkto waiting out a rain storm in the mountains. It’s a fantastic camper. Totally happy with it and I hope you will be as well.

ruadhrigh

Awesome! So when's the big trip pick it up?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Mid/late September hopefully.

I am literally lying down in my Arkto waiting out a rain storm in the mountains. It’s a fantastic camper. Totally happy with it and I hope you will be as well.
Nice, we are really looking forward to it. We “roughed it” in a RTT this summer. Looking forward to the extra room and stable bed.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I don't own a Arkto but have the same Timbren HD suspension. The Arkto has 21 inches of ground clearance and impressive departure angles. Also being a pop up it is not very tall when in transit which also helps off road. So I feel like it is all you need for venturing off road.

I feel like the heavy trailing arm coil and or air shocks suspension are over kill. Maybe if you want a 8,000+ pound trailer they are worth the cost and weight.

EPO will give you a first hand opinion.

EPO

Pretty funny...I just came on to provide an update on last week's adventure high in the Rockies. This photo was taken at a dispersed campsite on top of one of the passes.

Drifter...yes, the forest service road I was on here was pretty rutted and washed out due to the rain. I tow with a Ford Ranger and the Arkto with it is a champ. I even commented to the person that was with me that the Ranger feels the bumps and I hardly feel anything from the Arkto. Easily was going through 10-12" or so potholes along with the wash out on the forest service road. 65 mph coming home and took it on a 2500 mile trip in June. The limiting factor to where the Arkto will go is the Ranger driver...me. I won't take it up steps in Utah for example because I don't want the truck or camper damaged.

Functionality...no issues at all. Rained like crazy for a couple of days last week, no leaks. Stove, inverter, heater (getting a little chilly at night at 10,000 ft. elevation, ran heater a little bit), water heater, shower, etc. all worked fine.

The Arkto is a great camper and I could not be more pleased with it.

Edit: Pic is a little blurry but couldn't upload a higher res pic.

Attachments

• IMG_9741.jpg
    IMG_9741.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 10

Drifter2023

Pretty funny...I just came on to provide an update on last week's adventure high in the Rockies. This photo was taken at a dispersed campsite on top of one of the passes.

Drifter...yes, the forest service road I was on here was pretty rutted and washed out due to the rain. I tow with a Ford Ranger and the Arkto with it is a champ. I even commented to the person that was with me that the Ranger feels the bumps and I hardly feel anything from the Arkto. Easily was going through 10-12" or so potholes along with the wash out on the forest service road. 65 mph coming home and took it on a 2500 mile trip in June. The limiting factor to where the Arkto will go is the Ranger driver...me. I won't take it up steps in Utah for example because I don't want the truck or camper damaged.

Functionality...no issues at all. Rained like crazy for a couple of days last week, no leaks. Stove, inverter, heater (getting a little chilly at night at 10,000 ft. elevation, ran heater a little bit), water heater, shower, etc. all worked fine.

The Arkto is a great camper and I could not be more pleased with it.

Edit: Pic is a little blurry but couldn't upload a higher res pic.

EPO, awesome. These forums shine when people share their real experiences. Thanks for the insights and I'm glad to hear it's working well for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78