Fine Details

eyemgh

I‘ve got the broad strokes figured out. We have a F350, Hallmark K2 and Bowen not so flatbed (TAV is calling it a dropbed) all on order. What I need help with are the fine details, things like lighting, on the truck and/or in the boxes for example, use of the upfitter switches, etc.

To that end, what details do you love about your build? What did you forget that you wish you would have known in advance? Thanks!

eyemgh

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller? Anyone? ?

No one is excited to share the little details or regrets about their build?

VanWaLife

Well I put a mobile DVR system in my rig I'm pretty happy about. Serves several functions. Then recently I got one of these Weboost cell signal boosters, which seems to work pretty well. More and more whenever I can I buy Milwaukee M18 or M12 electric tools / accessories instead of 12v wired stuff. Things like lights, fans, vacuums, compressors, water pumps, they make all sorts of stuff that translates well into the overlanding world and along with a 12v lighter socket charger for the batteries makes them more versatile than 12v wired options.

eyemgh

Well I put a mobile DVR system in my rig I'm pretty happy about. Serves several functions. Then recently I got one of these Weboost cell signal boosters, which seems to work pretty well. More and more whenever I can I buy Milwaukee M18 or M12 electric tools / accessories instead of 12v wired stuff. Things like lights, fans, vacuums, compressors, water pumps, they make all sorts of stuff that translates well into the overlanding world and along with a 12v lighter socket charger for the batteries makes them more versatile than 12v wired options.

WeBoost is in the plan already. Glad it’s working out!

Say more about how you’re using the Milwaukee stuff. Intrigued!

Thanks!

VanWaLife

Well I've got a M18 Bluetooth speaker that's the truck stereo and can become the camp stereo. Then they've pretty much made all the USB outlets I added to the interior and exterior of the truck obsolete since many of the Milwaukee accessories have USB outlets, and they make power supplies that click onto the batteries with USB and 12V outlets. The 12V outlets are supposed to be only for their heated clothing, but I've successfully powered my Weboost with them with a 12v to cigarette lighter female adapter. Most recently I got their M18 to 120V inverter for powering my laptop and 2nd screen. I use a little M12 air pump to charge my Roadshower and top up my tires, and have my eye on the new M18 compressor which could probably bring all four tires up from flat faster than my Vair and without the hassle of alligator clamps on the battery. Which is to say nothing of what you can get done with the tools. Last month I cleared years worth of growth from a rural driveway with the M18 chainsaw, polesaw, and hedge trimmer. I'm just partial to the Milwaukee stuff because that's what I started with ten years ago, but most electric tool makers have similar options. They're missing a big marketing opportunity in my opinion selling gear they already make to the overlanding crowd. But maybe it's peanuts compared to the construction market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior