FIRST POST: A Quick Trip To MOAB. way to many pics!

fifthcircle

Adventurer
I have lurked on here a little over the last few months. I figured I should join up and be useful.....or at least mildly entertaining :eek:

So, after talking with a friend that lives in Denver (Jefe). Then talking with my wife (Mrs. 5th). Then talking to another friend that lives near me in Omaha (Cody). It was decided that we would do a spring Moab trip. It was going to have to be a fast one, since Cody has not built up alot of vacation at his current job, and had to be on a plane to Oakland for work Monday morning. We would be leaving Wed. April 23rd and be home Sun. April 27th.

Day1 - Wednesday

Cody and I both worked today. I normally work a 10hr day, but got off early (at 5pm) so we could head out by around 6pm. He got stuck at work a little longer than expected, and didn't get to my house until 6:30pm. Oh well. Off to Denver we go.

We rolled into Jefe's Casa in Denver a little after 1am. He was still in the garage wrenching on his Jeep, and apparently not everything went as planned with his new lift :mad: Unable to get ONE control arm bolt to come out, he had to leave the stock arms in for the trip. He did have some pizza for us upon arrival :bowdown: We all headed to bed between 2 and 3am.

fifthcircle

Adventurer
Day2 Continued:

Day2 - Thursday

Up at 4:30am. Are you keeping track......that's around 2hrs "sleep" after a 6.5hr drive to Denver from Omaha. Now we are up early to get to Moab with the Mile High Jeep Club Patrol 3 "Ghostriders". Luckily, the meeting place was Starbuck's, so I was able to wake-up a little before we were driving into the mountains.

We roll out in a big train of Jeeps, and my Tacoma. Gabbing on the CB a little here and there. We had a couple stops along the way. Rest stop at Vail Pass to drain some Starbuck's.

IMG_0502-Mitch.jpg

Stopped in Glenwood Springs (I think) to see one of the guys brothers (10min stop).

IMG_0233-Mitch.jpg

Then a gas up in Grand Junction.

IMG_0003.jpg

While getting gas, Jefe realizes that his gas cap is missing??? So we are looking around for it, and he can't figure out where it fell off at. We GPS an auto parts store only 3 blks away and head there. In and out in 5min with a new gas cap. Good thing he drives a jeep.

Between GJ and Moab. Most of the charecters:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

fifthcircle

Adventurer
Still on Day 2:

We make it to Moab by around 11:15am. We all decide to have lunch at the Moab Brewery. A big burger and some iced tea really hit the spot!!!

IMG_0235-Mitch.jpg

We then head off to get into condo's/hotels/set up camp. We meet back at the City Market and head off for Hell's Revenge.

To set the scene for you, I have been to Moab once. It was two years ago with my "all of 4 month old" 2006 Tacoma. I ran Gemini Bridges and Fins'N'Things that time. I have done very little to my Taco since then, just putting on sliders and some Bilstein 5100's to level it out. I was excited and nervouse about this trial....since everyone has seen thousands of pictures, good and bad...very bad...on this trail. "Oh well", I thought to myself, "let's do this!"

Cody getting his bike ready to ride some of the trail, and me....doing whatever the hell I was doing?

HPIM0717.jpg

The start fo the trail:

HPIM0719.jpg

HPIM0725.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

HPIM0728.jpg

Only one person did Hells Gate. Dan is the MAN!

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0280-Mitch.jpg

fifthcircle

Adventurer
Finally, and end to DAY2!!!

Jefe and I, heading back from the overlook:

IMG_0291-Mitch.jpg

Jefe having fun in Mickey's Hot Tub

IMG_0062.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

By the time we we made it to Tip-Over-Challenge, I was feeling good. It was not a problem at all for the Taco.

IMG_0308-Mitch.jpg

After all of this silly buisiness, we went back to town for some dinner and much needed rest. Hells was a super fun trail, and I can't wait to go back and do it again.

I'll start Day3 in a bit....

Last edited:

beemerchef

Explorer
Awesome... as "we" are still there... Beyond my comprehension how those vehicles make it!!!
Great shots... thanks...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Thanks for posting the trip report. It has makes me wish I could go back there NOW! Being stuck on the East Coast does have its drawbacks....:smilies27

Thanks for the trip report. You can never have too many pictures. We enjoy seeing them on here.

It's cool to see a nice, nearly stock New Tacoma going through there just fine.

Oh and Welcome to ExPo!

timaus13

Observer
Terrific

Terrific photo's thankyou for the trip report and pic's, we have nothing like that here in Tassie that I am aware of.
Looked like u had a great time and no damage. Allways a bonus.
cheers
:safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12