Fleetwood left the business?

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Is it true that Fleetwood left the trailer business?

linda_richman.jpg

njtaco

Explorer
They are not the only ones. The economy (as well as fuel prices last summer) has hit the RV industry hard. My favorite travel trailer manufacturer (Sunline) went under recently, too.

njtaco

Explorer
You may still be able to get one of those... their travel trailer plants were closing, but maybe the pop-ups are still being built?

There are likely 2008 and 2009 models still in inventory at the dealers, too.

mph

Expedition Leader
Fyi

I have the 2008 E1 from Fleetwood. Coleman has taken it over and the are still honoring the warranty. Good news...These trailers rock!

Waytec

Adventurer
So Fleetwood has gone under but Colman has purchased most of their models and are still going.
Or
Fleetwood and Colman made the same models but deferent names. Now who ever owned both companies are just building under the Colman name now. Like GM has dropped the Pontiac line same car different name.

I am gust wondering because my Wife and I where looking at a Fleetwood that looks like the Cobalt at the local RV show this spring.

go4aryd

Adventurer
In the US, Fleetwood sold remaining camp trailer assets back to Coleman before restructuring began. This applies to all tent trailers. I have seen any reliable info on what this currently means for the hard sides (likely a sunk cost, nothing of value to sell).

Ironic that Coleman's tent trailer line was bought complete by Fleetwood not all that long ago.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
The folks at Coleman are a great bunch of down home folks. I'm sure they were not happy that they got sold to Fleetwood. I'm not sure of the details on how they got back to Coleman, I'll have to look for details there. It doesn't suprise me that they are backing the warranty on the other tent trailers. They take pride in there products.

Last edited:

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Coleman has always built great pop-up trailers. I would recomend you get one if you get the chance. Currently I have my eye on a 1973 Coleman. Still solid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12