Fridge for front of vehicle

Any recommendations for a small fridge that will fit where my cubby box is between the two front seats in my 1991 200tdi Land rover defender 90?

During a recent trip to Botswana saw someone who had a nice looking one but forgot the make

bluejeep

just a guy
I have an earlier version of this one - not sure the dimensions you need but this has cup holders and a front opening aspect. Works very well

Attachments

• small dometic.jpg
    small dometic.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 33

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Dometic makes one that's meant to slide into the center console on Ford trucks and Expeditions:

It wouldn't take much to enclose wrap that with enough shell to put it into any vehicle - it's a nice form factor compared to the skinny chest fridges since it isn't very long.

I have an earlier version of this one - not sure the dimensions you need but this has cup holders and a front opening aspect. Works very well
Dometic makes one that's meant to slide into the center console on Ford trucks and Expeditions:

It wouldn't take much to enclose wrap that with enough shell to put it into any vehicle - it's a nice form factor compared to the skinny chest fridges since it isn't very long.

Nice one guys. Hadn't heard of that brand. I like the idea of the ford one as there might be enough room to out a small cubby in front of it

MOAK

Adventurer
We have the Engle MD 14. It fits perfectly between the front seats, replacing the center console in our 80 series. 8 years old and still running strong and efficient.

We have the Engle MD 14. It fits perfectly between the front seats, replacing the center console in our 80 series. 8 years old and still running strong and efficient.

Look ideal. How did you secure it down?

MOAK

Adventurer
Engle sells a mount for that model, so I used that mount bolted to 1/2 wood plate with legs and angles bolted into existing holes that were used to fasten the original consol. I spent $12 on a cheap cup holder to take up the space between fridge & shifter box. It could look better running the aluminum plate all the way to the box, then fabbing up a catch all and some cup holders, for in between, however, my aluminum skills are lacking. C3AFDE2B-5899-442D-9BFF-F1144E2BE983.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998