Front and rear brake kit

Skidmarkart

Observer
Okay, whilst getting my t-belt done, I had my mechanic check my brakes. He confirmed my suspicions. New rotors, and pads are needed all around. I am thinking of doing a Callahan front and rear brake kit from Amazon and installing myself. Do any of you more mechanically learn-ed and experienced folks see any reason not to do this? It is within my scope of abilities, but I have no experience. I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts.

TIA for any info.

Jay Ayala

Explorer
You may want to consider greenstuff brake pads. The stopping quality they claim is one notch above OEM. EBR brakes has blackstuff pads also and that is considered OEM.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

MARKSMONTE

EXPLORER
I dont know what year you have but Rock Auto has some great deals right now. You can buy the whole caliper assembly at a real good price.

jlocster

Explorer
I did my brakes with rotors and pads from Rock Auto...stock replacement...they've worked out great. Though the rotors were packaged as Wagner, they were actually stamped "Brembo" on the parts. Not sure what Gen the vehicle in question is, though.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Okay, whilst getting my t-belt done, I had my mechanic check my brakes. He confirmed my suspicions. New rotors, and pads are needed all around. I am thinking of doing a Callahan front and rear brake kit from Amazon and installing myself. Do any of you more mechanically learn-ed and experienced folks see any reason not to do this? It is within my scope of abilities, but I have no experience. I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts.

TIA for any info.

I suppose your abilities depend on your willingness to read a few instructions, it really isn't too hard.

Skidmarkart

Observer
Skidarkart, what year/model Mitsu are you referring to?

Sorry - it's a 2004 Gen 3.5. Front rotors were super warped. I drive in the NC mountains a lot, not necessarily off road, but at speed. I figured I'd go ahead and put some drilled and slotted rotors on to help with the heat. Heard that Greenstuff pads are great. I am debating whether I want to buy everything bit by bit or just get a "one click" kit. They are awfully cheap on Amazon.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Sorry - it's a 2004 Gen 3.5. Front rotors were super warped. I drive in the NC mountains a lot, not necessarily off road, but at speed. I figured I'd go ahead and put some drilled and slotted rotors on to help with the heat. Heard that Greenstuff pads are great. I am debating whether I want to buy everything bit by bit or just get a "one click" kit. They are awfully cheap on Amazon.

Actually, IF you go with a "performance" rotor you should only run a slotted model, the drilled models are junk and will crack much easier than factory. A quality Brembo factory style rotor blank are all we ever ran on our race cars with the appropriate pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12