Frontier Brakes

Terawanderer

Adventurer
I have an 08 Frontier Nismo. The 4 wheel disc brakes are the lamest I have ever owned. Does anyone know how to disarm the stupid antilock system ????If you pull the fuse it does the trick but you lose many dashboard electronics. Not the best solution.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
On my 2008 Navara, disabled ABS also meant disabled 4WD. Apparently the sensor that detects wheel slip is also involved in the the 4WD system.

Terawanderer

Adventurer
I have a six speed manual and want to disable the abs, it feels like you are on ice when you hit the brakes on a steep offroad downhill.

mcm4090

Explorer
The company M-Trux has a few built D40 Navara's. On one of them they disabled the ABS.
Here is how they did it.
We have connected the switch to the left front wheel sensor. This forces an error on the ECU and disables de ABS completely. The other sensor keep all your systems working. The only remaining problem is to switch from 2 to 4wd and 4 to 2wd. Once you have engage the 4wd you can change normally from low to high but for going back to 2WD you'll need to reset the Main ECU with a momentary key turn off and on. You'll get used to it. All the best.

http://www.m-trux.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears