FS: 1996 Lexus LX450 32,000 Miles perfect condition $90,000

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I tjink

LX450s are very rare, sales on BAT are also rare, especially incredible examples with low mileage. The sample size is too small. 90,000 mile truck is not comparable to 32,000 miles, it’s triple the amount of miles. I think to find good comparisons you have to look at 80 series toyota examples as well, since those sales are more common, especially with low miles.
The Lexus models are not valued the same, you can only use it as a ballpark but they are definitely cheaper.

84FLH

You say "sample size too small" for LX450 BAT history, then conflate and equate FZJ80 pricing with LX450 pricing. While there's some overlap between the two vehicles, there's more difference than similarity.

80 Series: Purpose built as capable off road vehicle with 3x lockers. Thus justifying premium prices paid on BAT.

LX450: Purpose built for pavement, with occasional off road use. BAT final prices reflect same, in contrast to 80 Series final prices.

A pristine 30k mile LX450 will command a premium from the right buyer. Auction reserves work to protect seller. Nothing to lose if listed with high enough reserve.

Good luck.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
You don't have a classic vehicle, they are plentiful in 90 countries, it's an old Lexus, even has a bag phone!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
This dude has nothing good to say about anybody’s rigs

Not really true, that vehicle appears to be in pretty good condition for its age. It appears that the paint is well preserved, interior is clean and that antique phone adds value for those who can appreciate such amenities. It certainly has low miles and I'd bet it runs out pretty well.

I can't really speak to the condition of wiring, electrical items, hoses, clamps, connections, brakes, transmission or running gear, but as I mentioned the running gear is probably operational. I can't speak to any seals or rubber items or the frame, as age plays on automotive parts even if the vehicle is properly stored.

I've noticed too, that many folks use the term "classic" for any older popular vehicle. More accurately, the terms "enthusiast" or "collector's" describe vehicles that maybe in demand. Anyone on this site can Google the differences between these terms and address descriptions more accurately. Just because a vehicle may legally qualify for antique tags doesn't make it a classic, nor collectable nor an enthusiast's vehicle in an open market. This vehicle isn't a '27 Touring "T" or a '65 Shelby Mustang or a 2010 Ford GT.

And Wc, there are hundreds of compliments I've made about other people's rigs on this site, you may not have seen them in the 8 days you've been a member here. I'd suggest you spend more time in the forums before passing on personal judgements of members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998