Full Moon run Tucson - July edition July 28th

MaddBaggins

Explorer
The full moon this month is on July 29th. Thats a sunday, so I was thinking we could run on Friday the 27th.

Chiva trail and lower Tanque Verde falls loop
This trail is more rugged than the last full moon run, but not as overgrown. High clearance for sure and some driver skill required. Lockers and armor are a good idea. By then there should be some water to cross in places, maybe as much as 2' deep or so (depending on rainfall).
Meet at Circle K 12177 east Tanque Verde at 7:30 for airdown. 8pm pull out. Should be off the trail around midnight.
CB 7

****DATE HAS CHANGED FROM THREAD TITLE****

Last edited:

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
any chance of going on Friday night? I've got a birthday party for my very-soon-to-be 3-year-old Saturday night, and somehow think I might be missed on Saturday.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Sure. Friday it is. I may be a bit tired, I get up at 4a.m. for work that morning. I'll try to sneak in a nap after work.

There are some decent sized boulders in the creek bottom on this trail. I kissed my diffs a few times when I ran this in May and I'm on 35's. It may be more difficult at night and with water. If this is a concern for anyone, I have no problem running the upper loop trail. I'll admit I'm a little concerned with those boulders myself, but willing to give it a go.

Last edited:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
So far Jeff, it's you and I and the girls. I have 1 maybe from MUD, a cool guy with a modified FJC.
I say we maybe just play it by ear as to the trail choice and discuss it at Circle K.

jeffryscott

sounds good. Things could be squishy with all the recent rain. I may or may not have Chloe, we'll see if she wants to go or not (as of now, it is yes). See you tomorrow.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
What a good run! I received some damage and we didn't go that far, but it was good people having good conversation out in the boonies in the middle of the night. We had 4 rigs
my 80
Jeffs Runner
Jakes FJC
James FJ62

Right off the bat I pulled some huge boulder up into my wheel well. It smashed my OME shock boot, dented the wheel well a little and severed an ABS sensor line. No big deal, shock was OK And I can run no problem w/o ABS. No water to speak of out there despite that fact the Tucson is saturated. On the way out I realized something was up with my power steering. Found a hose spewing out fluid, but in a difficult place to fix at night while the rig was hot. I stopped multiple times on the way home and topped it up. I don't live that far from the trail head.Finally got it fixed today. It rained almost all day saturday so I barely got into fixing it then.

Heres a couple pics and a link to more pics of the boulder and some cool night shots. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=167486

jeffryscott

another fun trip. Thanks Alvin for getting it together. Glad you got the PS fixed, any idea why it burst in that spot?

That rock still amazes me ... :jump:

MaddBaggins

Explorer
13 year old rubber, that pretty much says it all. I replaced all the return lines while I was in there.
I'm still trying to figure out how I pulled that boulder up there???

TrAiLbUs1

Observer
New to this forum just joined this week, happy to be here. Here are some pics for all to enjoy..

Here is Alvin playing with rocks again:lol:
nightrun863.jpg

this rock was massive!!!
nightrun867.jpg

nightrun861-1.jpg

OME shocks
nightrun947.jpg

Hanging with the boys down @ the cottonwoods
Night exposures these would have been better but I was missing an important part to our tripod :( still really cool though mind you this is about 12:00 @ night
TrAiLbUs1 night effects!!!
nightrun929.jpg

Here is Jeff's rig 01 4runner
nightrun931.jpg

James
nightrun935.jpg

MaddBaggins new lights and light hoop
nightrun877.jpg

his rear bwahahha!
nightrun895.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads