Fuso FG Expedition vehicle for sale

More information on the Fuso FG expedition vehicle for sale

Due to personal circumstances I bought an expedition vehicle in Germany to travel in the future only in Europe, Northern Africa and Turkey.
My Fuso Szulc, now in storage in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, can therefore find a new owner.
It concerns a Mitsubishi Fuso FG, bought new in 2007. Santek Trailers from California, USA, has build the camper unit.
The Fuso FG has a custom made heavy duty sub-frame on which the camper unit is mounted.
The camper unit has a frame of steel beams.
The whole building process of this expedition vehicle has been photographed.

The Fuso Szulc has been used in the USA and Baja California, Mexico, only. It was never shipped or used on extreme roads or in extreme circumstances. Most of the time it was used to go to specific locations for months at a time. This explains the extreme low mileage of about 20.000 miles.

This Fuso Szulc has always been serviced by Mitsubishi dealers in Southern California.
It is loaded with extras among them a Datastorm satellite system to have anywhere access to internet for websurfing, e-mailing and Skyping.

All invoices are kept and come with this expedition vehicle.

Details are as follows:

The truck

Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4
Model: 2007
Date of manufacture: November 2006
Pre-emission: runs on all diesel.

Mileage: 20,000 miles

Improved Air conditioning
Split differential
Split mirrors
JVC KD-G430 Radio/CD player.
XM-satellite radio
2 National air seats with air compressor and tank
1 metal lockable box between seats
XM satellite radio marine antenna

4 Bilstein shock absorbers

Straight Shot backup camera.

NoseCone for better fuel efficiency.

Tube mounted on rear bumper containing a 3 feet folding ladder.

Firestone Heavy Duty Air compressor with 3 gallon air tank with coiled tubing that can reach all tires.

Tires with easy to reach ventiles.

Four wheel covers

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The camper box

Built by Santek Trailers, Riverside, Ca. in Spring 2007.

Dimensions inside:

width 226 cm
height 213 cm
length: 483 cm

Refrigerator/freezer:
Dometic Classic 8 cu. ft. Model RM 2820

Shurflo Extreme Series Smart Sensor 5.7 5900 water pump with Shurflo Pump Silencing kit and an Extreme Series High-Flow water strainer.

Furnace:
Hydro Flame Atwood
Model 8012-II
Hunter digital thermostat

Water heater:
Suburban gas water heater model SW6DEM

Fresh watertank: 250 litres/66 gallons
Grey water tank: 120 litres/31 gallons
Black water tank: 120 litres/31 gallons
Propane tank:
Manchester propane tank 24 gallons.

All tanks have digital sensors.
SeeLevel II tank monitor model 709

6 solar panels with 610 watts
Heliotrope HPV-30DR Solar Charger Controller with Monitor.

6 large Trojan batteries

Magnum Energy ME series Inverter/Charger model ME-2512
ME-series Remote Control

Xantrex Fuse Block

High output/input truck battery protector/isolator.

XM satellite radio
XM-satellite marine antenna
Sony CD/cassette FM/AM/SW radio

4 Kicker KM60 loudspeakers

Large bathroom with sink, mirrors, cupboards, closet and separate shower.
Shower has transparent dome.
Bathroom has roof vent with a Fantastic Fan.
Two 110 volt electricity sockets and 3 lights.
Dometic SeaLand ceramic toilet.

Large sink
Wedgewood Vision two burner stove.
Overhead cabinets
Overhead Jensen hood with ventilator, filter and light.
1 drawer
2 cupboards

Under the bed is a large storage space
with light
And a sliding out holder for hanging clothes

All windows are sliding open and have mosquito screens.
All windows have venetian blinds.

Two Seiki large roof windows 3 x 2 feet with build in bug screen and curtain.

Bed 150 x 200 cm with Tempur Pedic mattress

Overhead cabinets throughout the camper box.

Smoke detector
Carbon monoxide/propane alarm
Fire extinguisher

Three large storage compartments to reach from outside with light and electricity sockets.

Datastorm Satellite Disk on roof
Datastorm D3
HN 7000S modem
Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHZ router

More info: send an e-mail to Mr. Szulc Krzyzanowski, info@szulc.info

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Since this is a cross-post (double posting) and it is already in the 'Vehicles for sale section', you might want to ad the price in both posts as per forum rules:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/6383-Forum-Rules-READ-BEFORE-POSTING
"3. Must include a complete description of the item, including the asking price"

Also as a sales suggestion, since you have quite a few threads on the Expo Portal about Fuso(s) in general having problems ("not made for off-road", A/C, etc) and your truck in specific (frame/sub-frame problems, etc) you might want to address your corrections and solutions here in your ad(s) to put potentials buyer minds at easy.

Best of luck with your sale, and let us know about your new truck (photos, photos, photos)

Issues resolved

The asking price is $ 87.500

Issues the Fuso Szulc had were resolved.
The original mounting of the camper unit was replaced by a heavy duty sub-frame.
The issue of the poor A/C was resolved by Mitsubishi by a custom made by-pass of the heat-core.

Thanks, Mog, for requesting these details.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Michel,
I have a friend in Oregon that is interested. That seems like a very reasonable price for one of the last ‘pre-smog' Fusos, with very-very low miles. Since I'm his Fuso go-to guy I have a few questions.

Can the truck be ‘delivered' to the USA for transfer if purchased? He is concerned about taking delivery in Mexico and then trying to cross the border with it. Southern California (San Diego) would be fine.

Does it have a USA ‘title'. From your blog I think it is titled and registered in South Dakota, but you mentioned in your 12/14/2010 post some problems with your mail receiving/forwarding company. It had changed it's address and that was causing problems with renewing the registration. Obvious a USA title is more important to him then were it is registered.

Both on the Expo Portal and on your blog, I could not find interior photos for him. Would you post those here or a link to them, if I missed them.

Could you elaborate on the whole “Datastorm Satellite system”. That is something that I'm sure is very cool and adds a lot of value (he is an 'internet guy'), but I'm clueless when it comes to that. (In regards to your system set-up and performance. An internet search provides general data)

I sent him photos of the whole new subframe build from your blog. But both here and on your blog I must have missed how the final connection(s) of the subframe is made to the Fuso frame. Is it bolted (fixed), or does it have some sort of spring connections? I know it sits with 100% contact now to alleviate the frame issues in the future, (not a 3 point mount anymore), but is it a flexible or fixed connection(s)?

What was your final solution for the Fuso's frame being “twisted and deformed” that you mentioned in your Expo Portal post and Doug Hackney's ‘Szulc Krzyzanowski Fuso FG Inspection' report? Did you replace the frame? (I know Doug had looked into custom replacement frames that were 6mm and pretty reasonable priced)

Last edited:
More information on the Fuso FG expedition vehicle for sale

Answers to the questions of MOG.

Can the truck be ‘delivered’ to the USA for transfer if purchased? He is concerned about taking delivery in Mexico and then trying to cross the border with it. Southern California (San Diego) would be fine.

The Fuso Szulc can be delivered in the USA. The vehicle is currently in a safe storage place next to the Los Cabos airport. But it is no problem to deliver it inside the USA. In Southern California at no extra cost. Elsewhere in the USA for delivery costs.

Does it have a USA ‘title’.

Yes, this expedition vehicle has a “Title”. It is registered in South Dakota, annual fees have always been paid even for 2013.

Both on the Expo Portal and on your blog, I could not find interior photos for him. Would you post those here or a link to them, if I missed them.

I will publish interior photos of the Fuso Szulc this weekend.

Could you elaborate on the whole “Datastorm Satellite system”. That is something that I'm sure is very cool and adds a lot of value (he is an 'internet guy'), but I’m clueless when it comes to that. (In regards to your system set-up and performance. An internet search provides general data)

The Fuso Szulc is equipped with a Datastorm Satellite Disk on the roof, a Datastorm D3, a HN 7000S modem and a Linksys router. This whole system operates on electricity either from the grid when hooked up, or on the solar electricity. For this 6 large solar panels are mounted on the roof and 6 large Trojan batteries store the electricity. This gives the system a huge capacity to use solar electricity even on cloudy days. The Datastorm therefore can be used anyplace. Basically, when arrived at a location, the system is switched on, the satellite disk starts looking for the assigned satellite, locks and in a short time connection with the Internet is made. Fortunately the data transmission speed is so high that visiting websites goes rapidly and even Skype or equivalent VOI-system can be used for making phone calls !!

I sent him photos of the whole new subframe build from your blog. But both here and on your blog I must have missed how the final connection(s) of the subframe is made to the Fuso frame. Is it bolted (fixed), or does it have some sort of spring connections? I know it sits with 100% contact now to alleviate the frame issues in the future, (not a 3 point mount anymore), but is it a flexible or fixed connection(s)?

No, the subframe is not connected to the Fuso frame in a flexible way. This is on purpose. By using this heavy duty sub-frame the flexibility needed is solely taken care of by the springs of the wheels. This is the best solution because in fact the frame of the Fuso is too flexible for off-roading when loaded. With the sub-frame this problem is eliminated.

What was your final solution for the Fuso’s frame being “twisted and deformed” that you mentioned in your Expo Portal post and Doug Hackney’s ‘Szulc Krzyzanowski Fuso FG Inspection’ report?

An expert company in Southern California checked the frame and very little deformation was found. Nevertheless, the Fuso frame was corrected with special tools and equipment before the sub frame was made and mounted. There is an invoice of the company who did this job. Like all other invoices, they come with the sale.
As explained before, this Fuso FG was used exclusively in Baja and the USA. Hackney’s Fuso was shipped to South America where a different road quality is often experienced. Also, Hackney once helped pulling out of the mud another heavy truck causing his frame problems. The Fuso Szulc has a low mileage because it was used on specific locations on the West coast of the USA and Baja California only, where I worked on my photography, staying in one spot for months at a time.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
By using this heavy duty sub-frame the flexibility needed is solely taken care of by the springs of the wheels. This is the best solution because in fact the frame of the Fuso is too flexible for off-roading when loaded. With the sub-frame this problem is eliminated.
Don't know if I would totally agree with that logic.
Unless the chassis was strengthened as well, a focused stress point will likely exist just behind the cab.

Images of the Fuso Szulc for sale

Fuso 14.jpg

On location in Baja, Mexico.

Images of the interior:

Fuso 11.jpg
Fuso 10.jpg

The seating area is designed with 180 degrees windows view. Large windows for good ventilation,view and as a possible safety exit.

Fuso 9.jpg

On the left the kitchen area. In the centre the bed with on the left the large fridge and on the right the door to the bathroom.

Fuso 8.jpg

Wherever possible storage space has been created. On the right the different panels for monitoring the systems.

Fuso 7.jpg

Bathroom section with toilet and sink. On the right is a large shower.

Fuso 4.jpg
Underneath the bed is a large storage space with a sliding rack for hanging clothes.

Fuso 6.jpg

Head side of bed. Notice the 4 lights available, storage cabinets and also next to the Tempur Pedic mattress and the two loudspeakers of the sound system. This can be operated with remote controls from the bed.

Fuso 5.jpg
Above the seating area is a arge roof window like above the bed. We see here the XM Satellite radio, Radio/CD player and an atomic clock.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Answers to the questions of MOG.
Michel,
Thanks so much for the quick answers.
I personally really like that back seating area with the 180 degree view. That sure makes the interior roomy.
I've passed along the information to my friend and he will contact you directly via your link above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior