FWC *indoor* shower owners: how is it? Likes / Dislikes?

LosAngeles

FWC *indoor* shower owners: how is it? Likes / Dislikes?

Hi all

We are looking at a Granby slide in. (or similar ATC)

We’d be using a PortAPotty, so we dont need or want a walled toilet / shower area.

Sometimes it would be more convenient to have a quick indoor shower rather than outside. We like to boondock a lot in the middle of nowhere (not at campsites with facilities) or maybe even an occasional quick stealthy solo camp with the top down for sleeping.

One advantage of the FWC is that they’ll do an indoor shower….. and it is merely a grate and shower pan on the floor, and a shower curtain that hangs from above (in a big wedge) and tucks into the shower pan, under the grate.

The advantage is that it isn’t using up any space when not in use.

AWC (our other top contender) does not do indoor showers like this.

Looks as if we would be limited to the front dinette layout to get the inside shower option… according to this:

https://fourwh.com/product/grandby-long-bed-popup-truck-camper-8-foot-bed/

and… From the pics I saw of an indoor shower on a Grandby (rear dinette on flat bed, so a different layout) the shower temperature controls may be quite a ways from the shower… ?

Thanks to anyone who has an indoor shower in a FWC for any thoughts.

j.

brokenhorn

We are in the process of refurbishing a 80ish grandby and an indoor shower is on my wife's wish list.

I have some ideas on how I will be installing one but it is coming later in the build.

Hope for more info from people that have an indoor shower on logistics and water containment.

I'll post more as I get closer to shower install.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Runt

Adventurer
I have one in my Phoenix Camper. A wet batch to be precise...i.e. Cassette toilet with shower set up. Its nice feature that is rarely used. I do not recommend tank-less hot water heaters as they are very difficult to regulate temperature while conserving water. Given your description I would go with a the shower pan etc. and just use a shower jug such as hotjuggz.

Durango

Adventurer
You CAN modify any FWC model into an indoor shower with a fold-up shower pan. (my first one was in a 2012 slide-in Hawk.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
When we remodeled our truck, we 'upgraded' the original shower system. Here's a couple pics. The original design included the floor pan, which is drained to the grey water tank. We expanded the shelter 29 inches, and built the red cabinet. I routed the plumbing through the new ceiling and the shower head/hose and controls are inside the vertical skinny door. There are clips for the shower curtain attached to the red cabinet, the wall by the door. This is a common method for European builds, the shower pan in front of the door. It can be done. We also have an outdoor shower, which was already installed when we bought the truck. That would be pretty easy on a new construction as well. Have them do both!

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    796.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1579 (1).JPG
    IMG_1579 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 97

con kso

Adventurer
I have one in my Hawk flatbed - I've used it a few times and I was happy to have it. Honestly, you'll use the outside shower most of the time BUT if there are swarms of mosquitoes (Montana) or you're in a parking lot campground - it's a great thing to have. I ordered it with my camper and would order it again. It's wonky to use (you have to have somebody adjust the hotwater for you since the valve is outside of the curtain enclosure) and it's weird taking a shower in your kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom but it's a functional indoor shower system and it made my girlfriend happy that I had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12