Fwc rental in Peru

burt

Observer
Hello everyone, my wife and I are going to Peru and were givin a link to rvperu.com. Has anyone rented one of these or know someone that has? A diesel hilux 4x4 with a fwc sounds pretty amazing. I haven't been able to find much online about them so some first hand experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

burt

Observer
Ya, I heard about that. Sketchy but, bizare stuff happens around here (humboldt) pretty regularly too. Im thinking since these guys do guided tours, they will have pretty good insight as to where I could go self guided with as little rock throwing and captivity as possible.

pods8

Explorer
If the prices are right I'd do it. You get to check out a FWC and also it with a diesel helix under it, that's something lots of us would like the option of.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Alberto in Peru is a great guy.

Soild as a rock, and he will take good care of you.

Smart, down to earth kind of guy, and he will keep you away from the shady areas.

He wants his customers to have the trip of a life time, he wants them to be safe, and he also wants his trucks & campers to come back in one piece.

It is in his best interest to make sure his customers renting the truck & camper come back safely !

:)

I think he is currently putting together travel routes for guided and also self-guided trips?

He is driving the routes, maping locations & mileage, and building contacts / relationships with safe stops and camping locations.

Hope this helps.

Happy Camping !

Last edited:

burt

Observer
That is exactly what I wanted to hear:victory:. His outfit seems pretty legit but I thought I would poke around to make sure. Thank you Stan for the endorsement. Sounds like a great opportunity. Congratulations fwc for getting these campers out to places like peru and around the world.

burt

Observer
Well for anyone considering exploring Peru by overland camper that is not in the position to drive their own rig, I would highly recommend rvperu. We recently got back from 5 weeks in Peru with a month in the camper an it was amazing. The level of service you receive from Alberto and his family will far exceed your expectations. I will try to do a little trip report soon with some pictures but just wanted to say if your curious about Peru travel to get in contact with Alberto. He's real easy to get in contact with and seems more than happy to help with any aspect of your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman