G320 and G500 available in Ohio

ZUNDFOLGE!

Hey all,

Wanted to let you guys know of two G-Wagens for sale locally to me. I've been asked by their respective owners to assist in handling the sale although I am a Range Rover guy myself :Wow1: (however a past W460 owner :victory:)

First rig is a 1998 G320. Blue-Black over Black leather. 158,XXX miles. Had a new, factory long block (M104) engine at 82K miles (by the dealer) due to the original suffering a hydro-lock. This truck was bought new through Europa by the owner of James Motor Company, the MB dealer in Lexington, KY. He subsequently sold it to one of their salesmen who then sold it to my friend. It's in very nice condition, just had a 60K major (or 'E' service) done as well as a new ignition tumbler, new rear springs and Hella driving lamps installed up front. The paint is in great condition, as well as the interior. It runs and drives beautifully and everything works as it should. I actually had the chance to buy this truck myself but already had my '05 RR so it wasn't a practical purchase for me (and, gasp...I really like the RR). Had the timing been different, this G would've been in my garage, but I digress...$23K is the price.

Second one is a 2000 G500. Again, another buddy of mine owns this one. He bought it from the original owner who, of course, bought it via Europa. It lived its entire life in Austin, TX, and was serviced by the dealer there until it came to Ohio earlier this year. Mileage is 148,XXX and it's Astral Silver over Grey leather. Has every option (sunroof, heated seats front and rear, etc..etc..), newer Michelins, recently was serviced and is in nice shape overall. It's equipped with ARB brush guard and roof rack. Everything works, and it drives very nicely. Price on this one is $22.5K.

I already have pics of the 2000 which I can email you. Send me a PM or email direct at: QV5000@gmail.com and I'll get them off to you. I need to go snap some photos of the '98. Alternatively, you can call me on (513) 519-7302 if you talk better than you type :)

Cheers,
Aaron

Last edited:

somesnowday

I'm a bit confused. The 1998 you are selling has the M104? As far as I know there were no Mercedes sold in 98 with the m104. My 1998 G320 has the V6 M112. Maybe I'm wrong, It wouldn't be the first time.
Your pricing for the G500 seems about right as you can acquire a mbusa for as little $25, but why are you listing the G320 for more? The m104 is underpowered for the G and due to the weight probably gets about the same mpg as the G500. The G500 is newer and has similar miles on the rig and it also has add ons like the rack.
I hope you have good luck selling the Gs for their owners. Pre MBUSA W463s are my favorite.

-
Craig

zimm

Expedition Leader
having a 320 id say go for the 500 if youre a buyer. everyday mileage is the same. im assuming the m104 is a 97 brought over and US vin'd in 98, and would have the 4 speed tranny.

ZUNDFOLGE!

Zimm is correct. '97 build/'98 registry. Personally, I like the M104 better than the M113 V8. G320 priced according to its relative rarity versus a V8.

somesnowday

The m104 might get about the same mpg in a G compared to the G500. But I get several more mpg with my V6 compared to my Dad's 2002 G500. Although while towing large trailers my advantage in mpg is diminished.

A registered 98' built in 97' I think should still be a V6. I've never seen a E320 with a m104 built registered in 98', always a 97'. I do work on mercedes everyday, but I don't pay that close of attention. I still have a hard time believing this G isn't a 97', and maybe is was mis-registered when imported. It doesn't matter if this is really a 97' or 98' but I'm just curios. Regardless I love pre MBUSA G's.

-
Craig

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hey Aaron,

Good to see you back with a few Europa G's (I was looking at your Fir Green W460 long ago).

Interesting on the '97/'98 deal. I assume that on the Europa G's, Mercedes didn't insert the model year as the 10th digit?(this VIN has "1" as the 10th).

I will pass the info onto others.

Best,
Jeremy

kmaser

Observer
Dutch I posted this VIN on P3 as well trying to find the answer 97 I could import 98 no.
WDB46323117106961

Cheers

zimm

Expedition Leader
g320's with the I6 and 4spd auto arnt coveted, rare or not, 97 or not (cant be a 98). it isnt even a brabus head motor. assuming the condition is the same, the price structure is wrong.

ida advertized one then the other. not concurrent. specifically the least desirable one first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online