G9, Lensmate and Flash

Spenser

Adventurer
Question for those of you with G9's and Lensmates-was taking indoor photos today, using built in flash and have noticed a shadow on lower right hand corner of frame. The shadow is only there when flash is used, have not noticed on pictures taken today without the flash. So, anyone else had this problem using built in flash, if so, any correction to camera to overcome? Or, do I need a speedlight or similar hotshoe flash when shooting indoors? Note, camera was running fully auto, and I hadnt changed any of the controls, Thanks for any help.

cybercat

Adventurer
The Camera is operating fine the Lens adapter is blocking a portion of the flash. If you punch in a bit the shadow will go away. I would recommend getting a Canon 430ex flash if you want to get crazy. :)
The Canon 430ex is a reasonably priced flash that offers a pan/tilt head.
Cheers Stu

Photog

Explorer
I agree. The Lensmate is blocking the light from the built in flash.

The 430EX flash is a good recommendation. I use a 550EX flash, only because I already have it for my 1D MkII.

The G9 is a great little camera, and it is even better with a Speedlite. Try using various white balance settings. The rule of thumb for "Auto White Balance" is: it is always close; but never correct, and not consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior