gap IIDS key program?

umbertob

Adventurer
I think it depends on the model and model year. 2010+ RR, RRS and LR4 with keyless / pushbutton ignition, yes (at least with my recent beta firmware release, may not be available to everyone quite yet but should be real soon), earlier model years I don't believe so. The cool thing about 2010+ model years is that you can apparently reprogram compatible used keys to work with your car, something that was not possible on 2009s and earlier. Once they were mated to a VIN, those fobs were unusable with any other vehicle.

krayton

found in the Body Control ECU

-Key Programming (L319-04)

Use

An already programmed key is needed to begin the procedure. At fi rst, the IIDTool will start displaying

messages to guide you through the process. Once the key is turned to position I, the LED on the IID-
Tool is used instead of the instrument cluster to indicate status or step completion.

• “Each key is programmed at position 1 (accessory) <+>”

• “When completed turn last key at position 2 (ignition) <+>”

• “Reprogram all keys including new ones? <+> Yes, <-> No”, Press on the Speed + / Menu

Up button to continue.

• If the engine is not running, the following message will be displayed: “Start Engine”

• Followed by “Turn Key to Pos. 1”, this will turn OFF the engine and the vehicle will remain in

accessory mode.

• The LED on the IIDTool will fl ash once to indicate key number one is being programmed. It will

turn solid to indicate completion.

• Remove the fi rst key. The LED will fl ash to indicate it is waiting for the second key.

• Insert the second key and turn it to position 1.

• The LED on the tool will fl ash twice to indicate key number two is being programmed. It will turn

solid to indicate completion.

• Repeat until all keys are programmed.

• When the last key is programmed (LED ON), turn the key to position II.

• If the process was successful, the message “Upload succeed <+>” will be displayed. The key

programming is now complete.

krayton

I had gotten the key from the Rover dealer. They then wanted to charge me a second labor to program the key, but your tool can take care of that.

But you still gotta get a spare key from them or someone who can get it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears