Gas cap fg140

biggoolies

Adventurer
Okay left it at a Gas station. Sux. Where can I find a reasonably priced replacement/alternative in North America? Any ideas?
thanks

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Any truck wrecker should have one. You would just have to convince them that it should be separated from its tank.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Out of interest... doesn't your gas cap have a chain and spring wire that keeps it attached to the tank?
I am assuming not, given that you lost yours, but I thought that this was how it came from the factory. It definitely is for trucks bought here.

biggoolies

Adventurer
Out of interest... doesn't your gas cap have a chain and spring wire that keeps it attached to the tank?
I am assuming not, given that you lost yours, but I thought that this was how it came from the factory. It definitely is for trucks bought here.

Yes,the cap I lost had that but at the right angle it would come out of the tank and it happened in this circumstance so I placed it on top of the tank. After filling up I did not replace it. Doh!

jhrodd

Adventurer
Where are you located. I have an extra cap from the leaky tank I replaced on my '91. I imagine they're the same.

Jeff

jhrodd

Adventurer
We're practically neighbors then. I missed your reply where you said you found a replacement, otherwise you'd be welcome to this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998