Gas mileage

TacoTraveler

Adventurer
I know I've posted before how I was planning on going down from a 285/75 to a 265/75 but I'm just finding it hard. I love the capabilities of my 285s, I just don't like the fit.
I was thinking of getting some different wheels to solve this problem and maybe a 1" Roger Brown BL. I know steel wheels weigh more than alloy wheels, about 12-14lbs more. How much do you think this will affect my gas mileage? Should I just save the extra cash and get the alloys?

EDIT: I drive a 2002 Tacoma and I was looking at wheels from Wheeler's Offroad, unless someone can find lead me to a better price.

juicebox

Adventurer
If you are fine with the MPGs you are getting with the 285s then I would just get a 4crawler 1" body lift. IMO, there are pros and cons to everything, body lifts are usually frowned upon but I like my 1". It makes oil changes easier, helps a ton with rubbing, etc.

A 1" body lift would also probably be the cheapest way to go.

Rexsname

Explorer
You could check your local Craigs list for Factory Alloy wheels, they are fairly light weight and cheap (most of the time) I found alloy 4runner wheels for $75 for the set of 4.

REX

TacoTraveler

Adventurer
Well, I have factory 16x7 4.5" bs factory alloys right now. The Wheeler's Offroad wheels are 16x8 with 4" bs. This would stop my tires from rubbing my frame and give me my turning back.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
I get 20MPG+ regularly on highway trips with my 265/70/17's with my v6 4runner. :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12