Gen 2.5 heated seat swap in Gen 2?

The seats in my 1997 SR were pretty beat, so I checked the junkyard and found a 99 endeavor with almost perfect seats. I noticed they were heated, so I pulled the switches and harness as well, hoping I would have the harnesses prewired in my montero. I remembered seeing a few unused clips when I had my console out previously and assumed one of them was for heated seat option. I have the little blank plugs in my console where the heated seat switches would be. Anyways, I can't find a harness in my rig that the heated seat harness will plug into, and I'm not even sure what a few of them are for, any ideas?

GpR2FxQ.jpg

Harness "A" is the junkyard heated switches and plug

taXiEVo.jpg

dCZaZsb.jpg

Harness "B" is under my console near where the heated seats would plug into, but doesn't fit harness "A"

1HmVNHZ.jpg

Harness "C" is a large plug under my console, unused, no idea what its for.

OCAr4lP.jpg

Harness "D" is near the drivers side under the center console, again not sure what it's for.

swcQnPz.jpg

TheMole

Adventurer
Not sure if they changed the harness between 97 and 98, but some of those under the center console might be for the rear climate controls that Pajeros had overseas.

nckwltn

Explorer
I have heated seats and have an unused male plug connect to my heat switches. There is also a male plug in there for the adjustable suspension. One of those is probably for that.

Could the harness for the heated seats be somewhere else besides that rear center console? I figured they would be right under where the blanks were that fill where the heated switches would be. nckwltn, any idea if that large "C" plug is connected on yours?

Alpenmeister

I am surprised by how much more robust and substantial the Gen 2 seat is versus the Gen 2.5.... Makes me want to look for a nice Gen 2 seat and have it redone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior