GEN 3 Recovery Points

arb098

Adventurer
Alright folks, another random question. What have y'all done for recovery points? I'm looking at adding a few to the front, but I'd also like to keep my stock bumper. Pictures are more than welcomed!

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
"Game on" with stock Gen 3 recovery points front and rear, using the right setup. Our Aussie friends recommend a bridle setup to spread the load to both points equally. I use one for my rig, along with an Erickson strap and properly rated shackles. I've enjoyed pulling a Jeep out of a deep ditch on a rainy day using the fronts, and more recently my brother's Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 truck up the side of an incline gravel drive using rear points, in a recent snow/ice event. (Even I was impressed at the little Montero's prowess), Bystanders simply stared in wide-eyed wonder, if they had bet, they would have lost their money. He had abandoned the truck to wait for thaw, and AAA wrecker, he was sure there was no hope. :sombrero:
Old video, but gets the point across.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPXixsvjDjY

arb098

Adventurer
"Game on" with stock Gen 3 recovery points front and rear, using the right setup. Our Aussie friends recommend a bridle setup to spread the load to both points equally. I use one for my rig, along with an Erickson strap and properly rated shackles. I've enjoyed pulling a Jeep out of a deep ditch on a rainy day using the fronts, and more recently my brother's Hemi Quad Cab 4x4 truck up the side of an incline gravel drive using rear points, in a recent snow/ice event. (Even I was impressed at the little Montero's prowess), Bystanders simply stared in wide-eyed wonder, if they had bet, they would have lost their money. He had abandoned the truck to wait for thaw, and AAA wrecker, he was sure there was no hope. :sombrero:
Old video, but gets the point across.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPXixsvjDjY

"Well and truly bogged. The only way we could actually get this way was by removing the ABS relay."

These things are unbelievable. Lol. But, that does make me feel better about using stock points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears