Glamptimus Prime Custom built by Trax Customs

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Trailer looks like it was mounted backwards as the door is on the driver side. Not sure but, I thought there was a reason RV doors were located on the pass side?

• Haha
Reactions: zip

gdaut

Definitely a trailer mounted backwards. Probably because the front of the trailer is rounded, so it would not fit flush against the back of the cab. In the US campers and trailers have the doors on the other side, so when you open the door you are stepping off the road rather than into it. But, most people are not going in and out of their camper when parked right along the road, so I am not sure how important this is.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Definitely a trailer mounted backwards. Probably because the front of the trailer is rounded, so it would not fit flush against the back of the cab. In the US campers and trailers have the doors on the other side, so when you open the door you are stepping off the road rather than into it. But, most people are not going in and out of their camper when parked right along the road, so I am not sure how important this is.
True. But most campsite are set up for trailers with pass side entry / exit. I guess you could park nose in but, that would seem annoying.

Plus all the trailer connections (water/sewer/power - if applicable would be on the wrong side now. Unless they were relocated.

RCP

True. But most campsite are set up for trailers with pass side entry / exit. I guess you could park nose in but, that would seem annoying.

Plus all the trailer connections (water/sewer/power - if applicable would be on the wrong side now. Unless they were relocated.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but It does not appear they relocated the grey or black drains. They did not relocate the electrical or water hook ups, those are visible on the now passenger side of the setup. In addition the door has the handle on the forward portion of the door now, with the hinge at the aft, so if you do not secure it properly it can open into the windstream...

If I recall correctly, there was a thread talking about driver vs passenger side doors on hard sided campers and someone mentioned a law dictating that they are on the passenger side.

Its a cool idea and it is less expensive than custom built habitats, but having it on backwards is probably not worth the hassle in the long run.

gdaut

Good point about the campground hookups and campground site design. But, if you are staying in a campground with hookups. why do you have this behemoth?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78