GMT800 Tahoe/Suburban Cargo Power?

FourOff

Hey All - I'm looking to wire a 12V connector on the driver-side of the cargo area in the back of my 2003 Suburban. There's a loom that goes along the rear window and up to the headliner. Before I go tracing everything back into the headliner, does anybody know if any of those wires could be used as a constant 12V? Either always on or on with the ignition is fine.

Annoyingly, there's a 12V outlet already on the other side, but I don't need one there :confused:

FourOff

Alternatively, since I'm guessing all those wires are for switched power like the dome lights and maybe the rear wiper, what would be the easiest source to run a wire from?

thebmrust

I asked the same question re: 1999 Burb. I have a power lock rocker switch on the D pillar in back. I tapped into the orange (hot) wire for my ‘99 Burb.

FourOff

I asked the same question re: 1999 Burb. I have a power lock rocker switch on the D pillar in back. I tapped into the orange (hot) wire for my ‘99 Burb.

Thanks, I'll check out that bigger orange wire on mine and see if it's constant 12v (hoping GM didn't change much from the last gen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan