Good DV camera for trip

Colorado Ron

Explorer
Ive been looking at a slightly used Canon GL2. Id like to make a DVDs of trips and deffinatly of our world trip. I know there are a few options, but for $1400, is there really a better option. Im thinking no, but Im no DV guru.

cessna

Panasonic GS300 or 500

FOr more answers, try pana3ccdusers.com

For roadtripping, it is hard to sell out $1400 unless you crazy rich (heh, you may be!)

I bought a panasonic GS300. It is a great camera. IT is 3ccd and I added a mic to better sound. Pictures are excellent. GS500 has better low light because of bigger CCDS but I haven't had a problem with the GS300 yet.

Be careful on the used when you are shelling out that much.

DO YOUR RESEARCH! GO to a DV specific website.

Brian894x4

Explorer
I recently bought a Panasonic DVC30. It was a spendy camera, but I bought it make railroad videos and trip videos for my website and possibly eventually to sell. I would considered it a borderline pro-camera and is probably more than you need, but what impressed me most about it was it's durability and over all design. More compact than the Canon and Sony pro-cameras too, although the Sony and Canon have a few more pro-features.

I'm not an expert on video cameras...I'm pretty new at this...but I think the Panasonic DVC30 would make a great durable high quality camera for a world wide trip to make upper end home movies with.

For a consumer model I don't think you can go wrong with a Panasonic GS500. If I had to a buy a cheaper model for home videos, that was going to be my second choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan