got a deal on some gen 2 seats today

1morebike

Adventurer
Got a decent deal on some gen 2 seats and being that my gen 1's are shot plus adding an arm rest would be awesome so I'm going to give them a shot. I think I'm going to have to get creative mounting them especially because the driver one is electric but I think it can be pulled off. I'll keep you updated as it unfolds

plh

Explorer
The electric (power) seat is really different than the manuals. Wish you good luck with the conversion.

JBThompson

Adventurer
I'm curious to see how you mount them as well. I'm actually wanting to replace my front seats so you might give me some idea of what I'm up against. Good luck and post pics!

1morebike

Adventurer
It will be bit before I get to as I also picked up some gen 2 control arms the same day and have some whitline bushing on the way and doing that will make huge difference

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I put a set of SR seats in a Gen 1 SWB a long time ago, don't remember it being too difficult but i also don't remember what needed to be done in order for it to work. See how unhelpful i can be? Mongo on 4x4wire.com put a pair in his Gen 1 LWB more recently, probably even documented it somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12