Great containers!

slsbl77

Picked up 2 of the Air Force surplus medical shipping boxes from Colemans, medium size for $ 220 including shipping. Aluminum, waterproof, half the price of Pelicans. The pressure relief consists of a screw on one end that can be removed, not a necessity. They weren't beat up, paint intact, big enough to hold everything you need. Good company, fast shipping (UPS).
Medium is the top box in the pic...
Bob94dbb462d57f553a946a99d601818930.image.130x180.gif

bonomonster

Adventurer
Picked up 2 of the Air Force surplus medical shipping boxes from Colemans, medium size for $ 220 including shipping. Aluminum, waterproof, half the price of Pelicans. The pressure relief consists of a screw on one end that can be removed, not a necessity. They weren't beat up, paint intact, big enough to hold everything you need. Good company, fast shipping (UPS).
Medium is the top box in the pic...
BobView attachment 243262
Link please.......

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
I bought 3 of the top style in the picture, except they are 8" tall. I paid $60 each at the local surplus store. On 2 of them, I cut off the lock tabs and used them for drawers in my storage setup. I hated to cut them since they are so nice. They are aluminum (lightweight) and seal tightly.

Box Rocket

I've been using one of the cases for years and you've already listed a lot of the benefits. It's a great container with one problem. They can easily become very heavy (depending on what you put inside) and not the most convenient to move around. That was really my only complaint. Since it was large and weatherproof, I was using mine for tools, spare parts and other items too and it got really heavy. I ended up finding some other similar surplus boxes that are also weatherproof with similar latches etc but are 1/2 the size. Now I can split up my gear between two boxes and they are easier to move around since I've cut the weight in half between the boxes. I don't have a source for the smaller ones, I just found them at a local surplus store. They are labeled as "rocket boxes" which seemed perfect for me given my username. :)

Here's my medical case

These are the smaller boxes

ashed

I've been using one of the cases for years and you've already listed a lot of the benefits. It's a great container with one problem. They can easily become very heavy (depending on what you put inside) and not the most convenient to move around. That was really my only complaint. Since it was large and weatherproof, I was using mine for tools, spare parts and other items too and it got really heavy. I ended up finding some other similar surplus boxes that are also weatherproof with similar latches etc but are 1/2 the size. Now I can split up my gear between two boxes and they are easier to move around since I've cut the weight in half between the boxes. I don't have a source for the smaller ones, I just found them at a local surplus store. They are labeled as "rocket boxes" which seemed perfect for me given my username. :)

Here's my medical case

These are the smaller boxes

Those would be perfect for my project, are there any other markings or identifiers (like a NSN?)

cannonball55

Adventurer
A friend uses those and loves em! I've eyed them several times but my large hardigg is perfect for me.

Box rocket, you wouldn't want a launcher would you? Lol

Sent from Tapatalk using my iPhone.

BrianTN

Adventurer
I could definitely use some containers like those black ones, Box Rocket. Does anyone know of a specific name for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears