Guess who's back!?! Atl-atl's K5 Blazer + Four Wheel Camper "The Crawlin Cabin" documentation thread!

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Well the truck is finally running and driving great!! Ive had it back for about a week now and have put a ton of miles on it already. I hate to admit it but most of the issues were my own fault. Basically a bunch of the wiring was incorrect, as laid out in my previous post. The biggest issues being the mislabeled O2 sensors and injector harness. Turns out the injector harness is not part of the Fitech kit, its something that I sourced on my own. Typically this Fitech harness is installed on a stock intake manifold and injectors/harness...so yeah. The fact that the stock replacement harness was not labeled, front to back OR side to side, is ridiculous. Once that was figured out, the wiring was reinstalled correctly and new plugs were put in to replace the fouled ones(for the third time) everything came together. This was all figured out by the shop, not myself. They also did a good bit of tuning on the Fitech system. The truck is much happier being told its a 6.0 liter with 30lb injectors. Apparently having to input "incorrect" data is common with Fitech and its simply a matter of knowing how to adjust things to make it run well. Anyway, Im just happy its finally driving like it should! The shop also rerouted my PCV system, moved my brake booster vacuum line to a bigger port, changed a couple HVAC fittings and some other small stuff. Sometimes it pays to have experienced eyes give things a once-over. As soon as I got the truck back I swapped out the stock AC condenser for a modern one to work with the new compressor. I just need to make an appointment to get new lines made and have the system filled.

Im ecstatic.

Dont mind the wacky stock temp gauge, its not currently hooked up so I think its getting a random incorrect signal from the printed circuit on the back of the cluster. According to the Fitech handheld it runs at a steady 195 while cruising, 205 at idle(its hot here in Phoenix) and the fans kick on as they should. I need to get a variety of driving videos. Its so loud and its so powerful hahaha. Its insanely fast compared to the stock motor. The only thing slowing it down is the NV4500, not the easiest trans to shift quickly, especially with a 2 foot long shifter!

orion240sx

The biggest issues being the mislabeled O2 sensors ...

I ran into this with my LS (4.8) swap in my FJ60 Landcruiser, and it caused quite a headache for a day or 2 when I first got it running/driving...!!

Was my own fault - Mine weren't mislabeled, as I did the entire harness myself...they just went to the wrong side when I dropped the harness down over the bellhousing. Oops.

Chased my tail for a couple days, finally realized that it ran perfect when in closed loop and terrible when in open loop. Posted a note on my build thread over on 'Mud, and a guy mentioned he had a similar issue, identical to yours. Mislabeled harness.

I swapped them L to R, and it's been perfect ever since.

Anyway, posting here to add a data point, and to say good work so far!

- Brian

Last edited:

Atl-atl

Adventurer
I ran into this with my LS (4.8) swap in my FJ60 Landcruiser, and it caused quite a headache for a day or 2 when I first got it running/driving...!!

Was my own fault - Mine weren't mislabeled, as I did the entire harness myself...they just went to the wrong side when I dropped the harness down over the bellhousing. Oops.

Chased my tail for a couple days, finally realized that it ran perfect when in closed loop and terrible when in open loop. Posted a note on my build thread over on 'Mud, and a guy mentioned he had a similar issue, identical to yours. Mislabeled harness.

I swapped them L to R, and it's been perfect ever since.

Anyway, posting here to add a data point, and to say good work so far!

- Brian
Thanks, thats exactly how mine was behaving. Wish I could say I figured it out in my own ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior