GX460 "tailgate" for side opening door

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Is there any sort of mod that makes a drop down "tailgate" for a 4 Runner with the side opening door?

Thanks

bkg

Explorer
Sorry I had the wrong make and model I'm referring to the Lexus GX460

I'm confused as to the question...

Are you wanting to convert a side-opening tailgate to a drop down? Or a drop down to a side opening?

arlindsay1992

I somehow missed that in the title my first time around.

I have not heard of such a product. It seems like it would be an expensive thing to R&D and then produce with a very small market of customers.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
When I got the model correct there are all sorts of mods. to make a drop down table for the door. I did see someone make a fold down tailgate type table that opened when the door was open.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There are tables for the rear door but I have never seen a tailgate that opens when the barn door is open, nor have I ever seen anyone replace the entire barn door with something else. You'll find in use that the barn door isn't nearly the nuisance you thought it'd be. I have the Kaon rear door table in mine.

iG3S3hK.jpg

vYBM4mr.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There are tables for the rear door but I have never seen a tailgate that opens when the barn door is open, nor have I ever seen anyone replace the entire barn door with something else. You'll find in use that the barn door isn't nearly the nuisance you thought it'd be. I have the Kaon rear door table in mine.

iG3S3hK.jpg

vYBM4mr.jpg

That's perfect

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Of course , the side door can't be replaced.

Maybe something like a fold down shelf in the cargo area that folds down ,like a tailgate when the side opening door is open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12