hard sided pop up camper

kacz7895

I am looking at building a hard sided pop up camper. But cant figure out how seals when the top is raised. Any help would be appreciated

URY914

Observer
I've been thinking the same thing. Do you mean like a Alaskan, where the top slides down over the bottom half and is raised up when in use?

fireball

Explorer
I would love to build a tear drop style camper with a FWC style pop up. I think that would be awesome!

kacz7895

I have looked the cricket trailers I like them but the doesnt. I probably should start a new thread but here are the questions i have.
i live in colorado and would like to explore the mountains. I am not looking at going up hard core trails but trails that get me out into the mountains.
1. How high, long and width of the trailer would be ideal.
2. Ground clearance
3. Tire size

Thank you for all the comments

Munchmeister

Observer
I have looked the cricket trailers I like them but the doesnt. I probably should start a new thread but here are the questions i have.
i live in colorado and would like to explore the mountains. I am not looking at going up hard core trails but trails that get me out into the mountains.
1. How high, long and width of the trailer would be ideal.
2. Ground clearance
3. Tire size

Thank you for all the comments
This should get you to the Cricket specs:
http://crickettrailer.com/specs/

I, too, live in Colorado & am thinking seriously about the Cricket. It is not a crawler type vehicle, I'm sure & I'd guess it's longer than most T drops. But it's more livable inside, with 6'-4" height at the kitchen cabinet end. And it has a tailgate. That makes it a capable light weight toy hauler (sub 300lb Yamaha TW200 motorcycle) in the shell version. I'll use the T Dub to get me into the narly stuff. I don't want to trailer into an area I can't get out of. DAMHIK.

Maninga

Adventurer
Rubber strip and brush would work well for seal when roof is up, I'd suggest the rubber seal to secure top/bottom from dust.

Have 3 levels of seal on mine. Rubber strip around lower edge of the roof for when travelling to seal from dust, foam strip that meets roof and top of bottom section meet and flexible rubber strip taken from a refrigerated truck. Hasn't been fully tested for heat/cold/dust, expect to do so when traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman