Hatches and doors made out of 50mm composite material

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
I recall finding a link either in this forum or in one of the other Expedition Camper ones for a European company making camper doors, side hatches and roof hatches out of 50mm composite panels (grp on the outside and foam in the middle). But I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Iain_U1250

Explorer
They certainly look like very good quality windows etc. Wish I'd known about them before I fitted my Dometic/Seitz ones.

mervifwdc

Adventurer
Ditto. Our next truck will not have Seitz ones. They are not bad, but I've seen others with hardened glass, much better.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
I was thinking of replacing my Sietz ones with glass ones - I did find someone who was willing to make direct replacement windows for the Seitz ones but they seem to have gone out of business. I'd love to get some photos of the window and all of it's components and see what goes into making them.

LukeH

Adventurer
Ha! - These were the guys I was thinking about. Ouch! on the cost though.

http://www.outbound.eu/en/index.php

Seems like a pretty simple construction, if you can get the parts.
I'm still on the hunt for a version that has external shutters, preferzbly metallic. My camper body will be 2.6m wide and I'll be pushing through forest roads from time to time. I wouldn't like to have to worry about broken branches scratching or breaking an exposed window.
With shutters you get an extra stealth factor too.
Anyone know where these handles come from?
ra_detail_3.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger