Headlamps anyone?

dippitydoo

I have the first version of the Fenix headlamp. Hands down the best headlamp I have ever owned. I've used that thing everywhere. My main hobby is mineshafts so having something bright (and water proof) is essential. I picked up a small fenix pen style light that runs on 1 aaa battery. I use that around the office and truck all the time. It has a permanent residence in my pocket. I want to get another Fenix headlamp so I have 2... Just because :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I have the first version of the Fenix headlamp. Hands down the best headlamp I have ever owned. I've used that thing everywhere. My main hobby is mineshafts so having something bright (and water proof) is essential. I picked up a small fenix pen style light that runs on 1 aaa battery. I use that around the office and truck all the time. It has a permanent residence in my pocket. I want to get another Fenix headlamp so I have 2... Just because :)

This one?
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_418&products_id=2418

HP20_4.jpg

larcie

Headlamps

I've had a few over the years. The brand or the dollar doesn't seem to make much difference. I've allways had one in my toolbag for engine room work, when you need both hands. That followed me offroad and I have at least two permanently in my vehicle, one in my pack, plus a small LED torch, one in the kitchen box, and another in the spares draw. Most are $10.00 cheapies, The Cree, which was about $25.00 has the best light I've ever seen in a small package....!
My wifes vehicle is similarly equipped with hands free lighting!

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
Glad you brought this back, good review!

My headlamp doesn't have a fancy name, but the 6 LED Energizer headlamp I use really impressed me.

It has 4 light modes: red light, flood, spot, flood + spot. 50 hour runtime on the floods or spots only.

I use it all the time working on the truck and at camp. Very comfortable, I forget it's there. Only downside is that it isn't waterproof, but appears to be lightly resistant. Apparently there is a 7 LED model that is waterproof.

HDL33A2E.jpg

I am happy with mine. And the price is right!

Joanne

Adventurer

I'm a mine explorer too. I have a Princeton Tec Apex Pro mounted on my helmet for mine exploring. I like having the option of flood or throw. I won't way it's the "best", but it currently meets my needs.

You really want a reliable headlamp when a light becomes part of your life-support equipment. I carry at least two backup lights whenever I go underground.

DelamarTP_003a.jpg

Good thing we didn't rely on the ladder to get to the bottom! It's about 250' to the bottom but the last 30' has collapsed and is a free hang.

Delamar_031a.jpg

I may mod my Apex to use a 18650 x 4 battery pack to seriously extend the run time.

Joanne

K2ZJ

Explorer
Good thing we didn't rely on the ladder to get to the bottom! It's about 250' to the bottom but the last 30' has collapsed and is a free hang.

LOL, I was going to point out the ladder and say you should have used that! Good thing you didn't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger