Hello to all and a quick question...

ECVMatt

Observer
I have been reading folks post here over the past few day...You guys have some awesome builds. I have a 2005 Tacoma that I haven't really done much with because I bought an Adventure Trailer Horizon a couple of years ago and it has served my family well.

I was wondering if any 05+ owner get a wind vibration while driving at around 65 mph or so. It seems like when I am driving in the desert at around 65 the front door seals fail and I get a loud vibrating noise.

Is this a common problem or I am all alone on this?

I did not receive any info from my dealer about a recall.

Thanks,

Matt

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Welcome!

No idea on your question.

The ECV caught my eye. I wondered, then I saw your sig file. Some of your brethen rescued me from a boring night a number of years ago after my camp partner disappeared (rolled his truck into a ravine dodging a deer). Some of the tales of debauchery really aren't for polite company. ;)
I've had a soft spot for ECV ever since.

Look up Joaquin Suave.

ECVMatt

Observer
ECV is like the backroads AAA...

I met the guy who brought me in on the Saline Valley Road. We stopped, exchanged a few beers and the next year I was a Clamper. I normally explore in the Owens and surrounding valley and I almost always meet a fellow Clamper.

I am glad they helped you out. Most Clampers are great guy!

Have a good one,

Matt

wagner_joe

Adventurer
I've had a similar problem, though I think the noise from mine is mostly on cross winds, the mirror housings howl. (Hence the door noise) Mine is also an 05 I've noticed it most when I get into Cali between the Coachella thru the Redlands areas depending on how hard the wind is blowing. I've gotten the same sound in the Monsoon's here in AZ, but it's so infrequent I haven't bothered to look into it too deeply.

I'm currently on my 3 or 4 windsheild and it's still around, usually I've noticed since I haul a** that if I slow down to a reasonable speed in the cross wind, it goes away...:xxrotflma

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Haven't the slightest idea about your question....just thought I would say

Welcome to ExPo and What Sayth The Brethern ?:friday: What chapter ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior