Help Chris from Lucrum Walk!

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Chris asked me to help him spread the word about this so I figured this forum could be one way of doing that. For those of you not familiar with Chris, he owns a company called Lucrum that makes products for the FJ, and he drives an FJ too! He has also just started another company to aid in making products geared towards disabled people and off-roading. After becoming paralyzed in a motorcycle accident a few years ago, Chris bought his FJ for the ease of being able to get his wheelchair in and out of....ever since then he has become a true Disabled Explorer!!

Chris has a group of friends who started a fundraiser to help him walk. The second annual fundraiser to raise money for therapy for him and other Spinal Cord Injured Victims will be on July 22, @ 6:30pm down in San Diego at the University Club. Obviously, some of us ldon't live in SD so we probably won't be able to attend, but you are of course welcome to donate money or product for the raffle.

Help Chris Walk is a not for profit 501-C3 organization. Any donations will be greatly appreciated; maybe sponsor someone to be at the event if you can't be there. Last year, over $30,000 was raised, and this kept Chris in therapy for the whole year! (It costs $2,500 a month for therapy at Project Walk.) Chris has been able to pedal a bike, lift his legs, stand at his wedding assisted, stay off medications, be active, and even maintain his own business, as a direct result of Project Walk.

For more information on Chris and Project Walk go to help chris walk

normal_img_1740.jpg

normal_CIMG1930.jpg

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
expeditionswest said:
Chris is a first-class guy. Expeditions West would be honored to help.

Thats great to hear Scott! Thank you and I know that will mean a lot to Chris!

Last edited:

TD64

Adventurer
Wow, life sure is interesting... Yesterday I crossed paths with Chris.

My wife and I were heading out to the book store and we were indecisive about stopping at the Toyota dealership to have them turn off the service light on her Tundra. Well, she took the turn off to hit Toyota and while we were waiting our turn in line, I saw Chris’s rig and I went over to introduce myself and see if he was an ExPo member. I spoke with him and his mom for a few minutes about the ExPo site, other sites and ham radios. Well, now I see this thread…

Chris, Kristi and I are looking forward to seeing you again and seeing what we can do to help! (A donation is the easy part. And, I’m sure that our paths crossed for a reason.)

I love the Expo!

Tony

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
TD64 said:
Wow, life sure is interesting... Yesterday I crossed paths with Chris.

My wife and I were heading out to the book store and we were indecisive about stopping at the Toyota dealership to have them turn off the service light on her Tundra. Well, she took the turn off to hit Toyota and while we were waiting our turn in line, I saw Chris’s rig and I went over to introduce myself and see if he was an ExPo member. I spoke with him and his mom for a few minutes about the ExPo site, other sites and ham radios. Well, now I see this thread…

Chris, Kristi and I are looking forward to seeing you again and seeing what we can do to help! (A donation is the easy part. And, I’m sure that our paths crossed for a reason.)

I love the Expo!

Tony
Wow! Thats awesome...small world...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior