HELP!!!!! Looking for a 3 man tent

outback97

Adventurer
For hard ground use the long lag bolts and a cordless drill. Some people have switched to that method altogether.

Is that how you set yours up... lag bolts + washers and drill? This is a good suggestion that I've seen before, though we don't travel with a cordless drill.

I can think of a few times we were on slickrock type surfaces or shale where even this probably wouldn't do it. For those, we just used a different tent or slept inside our vehicle.

gunsandgearnetwork

Is that how you set yours up... lag bolts + washers and drill? This is a good suggestion that I've seen before, though we don't travel with a cordless drill.

I can think of a few times we were on slickrock type surfaces or shale where even this probably wouldn't do it. For those, we just used a different tent or slept inside our vehicle.
Yes, if the ground warrants the use of the lag bolts and drill. If not the pegs that come with it are used. If on sand use a different stake or sandbags. You can also try the military stakes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-S...d:g:yDYAAOSwx9lcDcww:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears