Help needed!! Disco II Brake system

LumpyCanuck

Observer
Okay, so I offered to help friend redo brake lines on his 99 disco II. And I mean brakes. Full line replacement front to rear. Unfortunately, before he owned it, rear system was run dry(no idea how). NOW...We have Master bled, ABS bled at all ports, All 4 channels pedal-bled, then pneumatic vac bled 3 litres. Now stuck on resetting ABS system........and we are running out of hair on our heads to be scratching. Thanks room! :bowdown:

I don't see mention of what tools you used for the process, but to truly get all of the air bled from the entire system, you will need either a Nanocom or Hawkeye diagnostic tool that has a brake bleed function. It will cycle the ABS pump rapidly, forcing any air trapped in the pump out. That's really the only way to completely bleed the system on the D2. If you need more help, please feel free to join my FB group listed in my signature. I'm the owner/admin and we have over 10K members worldwide and very knowledgeable at that!

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
I have never used any diagnostic tool to bleed the brakes on a DII, and I've replaced dozens of modulators, master cylinders, and brake hoses.

What do you mean you are stuck on resetting the ABS system? If you have the three amigos on then you have a fault in the system. While I'm not certain about this, I am pretty confident in saying that a DII will not set any faults for low system pressure as a result of running the system dry. You probably have a bad connection at one of the wheel speed sensors or a bad connection in the ABS module to the shuttle valve switches. You will need a scan tool to check the fault codes.

kcabpilot

Observer
You could try borrow a 3 Amigos reset module or, if there are no current existing faults I believe the 3 Amigos will go off on their own after a number of cycles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior