Help Shipping Expedition DAF

Im purchasing a DAF t244 camper truck. The vehicle is in London and I need to ship it to the United States where I live. Does anyone have any suggestions for roll on roll off international shipping? I have no idea where to begin.

With thanks,
Austin

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
IVSS are among the few that actually talk about motorhomes/expedition vehicles etc. Another option is Seabridge.DE, but they are focused on someone who will be taking their own truck to the port. (I am guessing that you are buying remotely.)

I was struck that someone reached out to IVSS to ship to a specific port. IVSS refused to quote. When asked why, the replied that they had had terrible service at that port. They recommended that the people simply ship to another port a bit earlier and drive to their destination in Europe. Worked out perfectly. I hope to ship to Europe next year. I like dealing with a company that answers the question that you didn't ask.

As always, YMMV.

Reactions: mog
I will be buying remotely but im flying in to check out the vehicle and make the arrangements for shipping. Its a lot to process when dealing with an international purchase.

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
IVSS is backed up and slow to answer. I have dealt with a gentleman named Martin. He recommends that I reach out 90 - 100 days before I actually want to ship.

Joe917

Explorer
Also consider Seabridge.
Be prepared to get screwed over by the shipping companies. Returning from south America our shipping costs doubled at the last minute. Take it or leave it.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
I used NMT and had a flawless experience. They have offices at many major ports and came in cheaper than seabridge for me. I shipped an 18 tonne Mercedes from Southampton to Brunswick on the way out and Baltimore to Southampton on the way back.

There scattered bits on my old blog about shipping, but this one might be useful:

unleashd

Im purchasing a DAF t244 camper truck. The vehicle is in London and I need to ship it to the United States where I live. Does anyone have any suggestions for roll on roll off international shipping? I have no idea where to begin.

With thanks,
Austin
Anil Srivatsa imported his DAF t244 to NJ. After his trips here, he's got the truck now for sale in NJ. You may be able to reach him here and ask him about his experience https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1138718097073896/

we just shipped a truck we bought in the Netherlands from Belgium to Tacoma, WA. We are Canadian so the truck will be imported to Canada.
We used IVSSUK, went well

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Just finished shipping with IVSS.

-- I didn't fold in the mirrors and the agent in Baltimore remeasured and charged more. Grrr!
-- Took a couple of tries to find the office on the pier in Southampton, but then was very quick.
-- No damage or looting.
-- Insurance cost about 25% of the price.

Martin and Nicole are great to deal with.
On Pier.jpeg

Reactions: J!m
I again recommend shipping through Halifax, and using Seabridge. No hassles, with shipper, port or Canada Customs.
If you ship direct to a US port, well…I told you so (several times).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan