Hiking Rickshaw

Gizmolannigan

Ive had an Idea for a couple years to build a bicycle style stroller not a trike but true bicycle that would work on a single track trail. My youngest is two and just starting that "middle size" to big for my back not big enough for any thing very long.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Ive had an Idea for a couple years to build a bicycle style stroller not a trike but true bicycle that would work on a single track trail. My youngest is two and just starting that "middle size" to big for my back not big enough for any thing very long.

Yeah, I've been wondering why there isn't a single-wheel version available for hiking trails.

With either one wheel or two wheels inline you would have to provide balance in addition to locomotion, but for narrow trails it might be better.

belkar

whoops did not notice the chariot link above ;)

we have a chariot its very cool dont have the hiking kit but the rest of it is top notch stuff :)

trecking_set_01.jpg

Chariot carriers has a hiking kit thats kinda cool

http://www.chariotcarriers.com/english/html/conversion_kits.php?conID=4&flaID=

REI sells them also
http://www.rei.com/product/705794

I'm using my 1st post to resurrect an old thread. When my daughter was 3 and our oldest son was 11 months I modified a Walmart bike trailer to use as a chariot to hike into Havasupai. I took the poles and harnes from a Ziffo ski sled and bolted them to the trailer. The harness has a wide and padded belt. I could hike and pull the both kids hands free which was nice. The hike was 12 miles and I was out of shape at the time. It was a serious struggle, but I made it. I don't think i could have used a chariot with hand-held poles for that long.

Honu

lost on the mainland
belt idea would be cool :) we dont have the hike kit ? doubt we will but I know looking at them you dont need your hands on the bars ? its just their if you want to which could be handy

but the belt idea with hands if you want them would be best as I do like to have a small day pack with me

got me thinking about a belt home made kit now ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998