How do I convince my wife we need this 109?

greenmeanie

Adventurer
I don't know about price and won't comment on that truck.

On the other hand when ever I want a new project I just remind my wife about the machines I really want. After that another old Rover n the driveway doesn't seem so bad. At least she can see the house round them.

skupetz

wife needs 109

You tell her it has flowers on the side. I nearly bought this truck a year ago and the pictures of the side view showed flowers, oddly this new listing doesn't. just think it'll bring a smile to your face every time you go out to work on it.

-Gustaf

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Linus is right: you get what you pay for. You will be better off buying one in better condition... like mine.:costumed-smiley-007

luk4mud

Explorer
I justify all such purchases as "emergency" equipment. I have a garage and driveway full of "emergency" equipment now.

Seriously, there is some great advice in this thread. When I recently bought my new (to me) FJ80, the wife told me I could keep the Jeep too, but I just could not justify it. It's a very capable vehicle, but requires regular wrenching to keep it shipeshape. I knew that I would not drive it much and would still need to maintain it- the $ and time is what pushed me to sell it while I could get some good money for it.

Now the FJ80 and motorcycle fleet consume my garage time, of which there is never enough!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12