How does everyone finance a used adventure van

D

Deleted member 9101

I know the world has changed since my family grew up but for us the things to finance were the home, the kids education, my wifes car. Everything else, my vehicle... always used, landscaping, the garage, toys like the ski boat, the sled, and the tents, trailers, vacations, visits to England.... were paid with cash... maybe VISA but paid off within a few months. I'll never understand buying something you don't need thru a loan.

Financing a business investment which will give a financial return? Sure. Buy something guaranteed to escalate? Sure. Invest in something to reduce urility expenses, move your home towatds net zero. Sure.

Finance an RV ??? are you crazy ? RVs are places to spend big work bonuses. Not places to incur debt.
247749,xcitefun-animation.gif

Binky

Congratulations on the van!

I have too many credit cards from over the years, and most have no balance. Because of this and my credit score, I get
0% interest for 14-18 months checks every month from my CC companies.
I looked and looked for a van I could pay off in 18 months, found Binky on an auction, then used a 0% check to pay for it.
(Check to my bank, convert to Cashier's Check, mail to DOE...)
I payed the van off 11 months later with the only fee being the $45 check fee. All work since has been cash.

John

Last edited:

logas

I've recently been suggested to buy a used van. The condition is good. Is it worth buying? Or is it better to lease a new one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman