How extensively do you need to modify a 2000 4runner to accept an arb front bumper?

dvoyles

Can anyone answer this, everyone I have talked to seems to give me the run around. ARB has claimed that they don't even make a front bumper for a 2000 4runner. I would like to install a bumper with no modification to my frame if at all possible.

toyrunner95

Explorer
Hmmm this is an interesting question. I'm on the website right now and they seem to be missing your entire model of 4runner. The 96-02 gen 3. I know they exist because i have seen them. In fact there is one on here!
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9576&page=34

I would call and pester them. I know they exist! We have the proof!

Now they could have made a 3rd or 4th gen pickup bumper fit but I don't think so. Also they could have discontinued the model because it didn't sell.

Realistically they should just bolt right up.

viter

Adventurer
I believe an arb bumper made for 2001-2004 tacomas will fit with some slight modifications to the brackets (cutting a bit off I think). try to find some info on http://www.ttora.com or elsewhere 4runner or tacoma related.

dvoyles

Just found a bumper from shrockworks, that will meet my needs, anyone have any input on shrockworks products?

RoundOut

Explorer
They're right down the street from me. They have AWESOME stuff. Well engineered and great looking.

ExploringNH

Explorer
Shrockworks makes very quality products and their 4Runner bumper is no exception from what I have seen of it.

The other ARB you can look at is for the Prado, but I think that one takes some mods to make fit as well.

ExpeditionJeep

You can fit the ARB bar for the 98-04 Tacoma. I've done it, but it does require the frame horns be modified just a bit. If you call ARB and ask for the tech department they'll give you the info you need on how it's done. As the 4runner was never exported to Aus they never built a bar specifically for it which is why it's not listed, but it is possible and not a particularly difficult job.
Marc

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I'll give you the heads up. Remove old bumper cut the triangular mounts off of the frame rails and little grinding the edges smooth your tacoma or prado ARB will fit.

P8130325.jpg

PA174098.jpg

PA174096.jpg

PA174093.jpg

P9273871.jpg

Aaron

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Just like ^^^he^^^ said... the tacoma ARB bar will fit it. I put one on my roommate's 02 4runner last week. The triangle plates have to be cut off the frame rails. Very easy to do. Took us like two hours for the whole install.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Now the question is do you want a Prado bar or a Tacoma bar. Go to this link to see the difference. I opted for the Taco bar just because it was like new and $400 from a junkyard that was 2 hours away. Other wise the Prado it would have been. http://www.yotatech.com/f2/arb-prado-my-3rd-gen-124521/index2.html

so basically if you have limited flairs the prado goes to the outer edge of those offering a bit more protection than if you have limited flairs and the taco bumper.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior