How to ID F150 max payload package?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
What year F150? Ive had 10K behind a 2013 and 7k behind my 2017 with zero issues.
Was 7K wet or dry? If dry, you may be over by the time you add in cargo and passengers.

What is your payload? This is my issue. I have lots of room with what I'm rated to tow. But running out of room on payload.

D

Deleted member 9101

Was 7K wet or dry? If dry, you may be over by the time you add in cargo and passengers.

What is your payload? This is my issue. I have lots of room with what I'm rated to tow. But running out of room on payload.

My payload is a little over 1600lbs.

The 7k was wet. I keep very little in the truck when I pull a travel trailer. I'd much rather pull the weight than haul it. :)

I tow 2 yards of gravel in a tandom axle trailer every couple of months. Load + trailer is around 6k and the truck could care less.

D

Deleted member 9101

Unless you get the "2.7 payload package" it comes with the Super 8.8. That's the limiting factor. If you get the payload package it comes with a 9.75" rear end and 3.73 gears and a higher payload.

Many of the 5.0s also come with the Super 8.8 instead of the 9.75".

As for the rating when they have the same rear end.... Only Ford marketing knows that answer...haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998