Hydronic floor heating near tanks?

Ramdough

Adventurer
All,

I am putting in hydronic floor heating.

My main water tanks and batteries are going inside the camper on the floor. I am concerned that I will have warm drinking water (I like cold water) and hot batteries.

Is there a recommendation for what to do in this scenario? Maybe a second loop that is thermostatically controlled to something cooler.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
I am concerned that I will have warm drinking water (I like cold water) and hot batteries.

Do not put the heating where you don't want it.

Lockers against the outer wall, fully insulated all six sides, open- close-able venting to inside or out

Ramdough

Adventurer
Just dont put heating tubes under the batteries or watertank.
Those areas only need to stay above freezing. Plenty of heat can migrate from the warm area to achieve that.

That is kind of my thought. Any concern with condensation around them? That will be the coldest part of the floor, but I guess the walls/ceiling will be I heated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broncobowsher

Adventurer
If you have LiFePO batteries it might be worth it to run some heat under them.

Nobody says you have to do full multi-pass loop. A little section of loop through a corner of the area to give a tickle of heat if you like. A single pass directly under the batteries on the return leg of the loop (the coldest part).

You could even semi-automate it with a thermostatic switch running a motorized ball valve. When it gets cold and the heat comes on, open the ball valve to send heat to keep from freezing. Once heat is achieved the thermostatic switch opens and the ball valve closes. Just a matter of where you place the thermostat to control it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan