I Got Screwed!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Why did you ream UPS? Was the package sent overnight AND Saturday delivery... and not delivered as such? If the sender did not send it Overnight and paid for saturday delivery you have zero beef with UPS...

It takes UPS Ground 3 days to go 100 miles in some locations, but they advertise it as such. If I send something overnight on a Friday, Monday is the delivery day, unless I pay for Saturday delivery.

toyrunner95

Explorer
yes i paid them for a saturday delivery and next day air.

but there is good news to come of this.

i finally got the package at 9:30 this morning. turns out that there ws a major shipping error. my package got put into a large packing crate instead of a plane like it was supposed to. SO it bounced around new york, hit illinois, went to kentucky, then seattle, then moses lake, then pullman. i didnt really "ream" UPS even tho it was their fault, they gave me a refund on the shipping so i was happy about that. i still like them they are usally dependable.

as for the camera company, i was honestly suprised that the camera was what i wanted... kind of... its a foreign model, the canon kiss digital x is what its called, or in american the rebel xti. its in english, it works great, its not broken, so over all i am rather pleased. i called up canon and asked them if i still have a warrenty and they said i can buy one at any time. its just an extended warrenty. i told them i bought it in japan because i dropped mine in a river. so its pretty much the an XTI for 200 bucks cheaper. no worries. ill start taking pics with it and post them up.

i wouldent recoment buying from ccicamera city inless u are really really desperate. but they were nice enough to call and make sure i got my camera in one piece.

toyrunner95

Explorer
wow i am very impressed with this camera, i have been dinking around with it today just figuring things out, i looked kinda weird strolling around campus taking pics of random people. guys hated it, but the chicks seemed to love it, they all posed. i must remember that for later. im going tp post up pics in a min, im downloading them now.

toyrunner95

Explorer
OK so I know this thread is old, but I'm starting it back up. I received the camera 1-24-07 and I can honestly admit that I have had ZERO issues with it. I have added a couple Quantaray lenses and some other little bits but really it has worked flawlessly. Even if it is a grey market camera it still works great! SO for an 8 year old camera that was mid line at its time its served me well! 90% of the pictures I have posted have been with this camera. The good ol cannon rebel kiss...

silvElise

Adventurer
I almost fell for this scam when I was shopping for my D800... I ordered from them as the price looked right, but then started doing research. Turns out they are all grey market with no warranty and the company recently changed names to hide past bad reviews.

Knowing canceling my order was going to be a pain (hadn't shipped or been charged yet) from reading third-party reviews on the store. I called my credit card company ahead of time to tell them not to let the charge though.I then immediately called the company and told them I wanted to cancel my order. This phone call should go down in the history books... They took my info put me on hold... While I was on hold they TRIED to charge my order. The guy came back on to yell at me and tell that me I didnt have the money ayways as "I was too poor". When I informed him that I already told my CC company not to let it go through he went nutso, telling me I now owe a 10% restocking fee and "he was going to get it". So I hung up where he tried to call me back four times in a row.

Fast forward about an hour my CC company called and said that 4 different businesses from the New York Area where trying to charge my card the same amount... Which happened to work out to the 10% restocking fee. I told them the whole story and they just canceled my card and overnight-ed me a new one.

FYI: They will try to tell you they can sell you a factory warranty for more. They can not and Nikon will not accept it. Also this warranty works out to be the same cost as just buying the camera through trusted stores. Always, always check The camera manufactures authorized retailers and ONLY buy thorough them. From here on out I only deal with B&H or Adorama, which have amazing customer service and shipping times.

Also always use CC when doing online transactions they add a layer of protection from issues like this where bank/debit cards will not. I also get the added bonus of points and price protection if the camera becomes cheaper over the next X months.

WUzombies

Adventurer
I almost fell for this scam when I was shopping for my D800... I ordered from them as the price looked right, but then started doing research. Turns out they are all grey market with no warranty and the company recently changed names to hide past bad reviews.

Knowing canceling my order was going to be a pain (hadn't shipped or been charged yet) from reading third-party reviews on the store. I called my credit card company ahead of time to tell them not to let the charge though.I then immediately called the company and told them I wanted to cancel my order. This phone call should go down in the history books... They took my info put me on hold... While I was on hold they TRIED to charge my order. The guy came back on to yell at me and tell that me I didnt have the money ayways as "I was too poor". When I informed him that I already told my CC company not to let it go through he went nutso, telling me I now owe a 10% restocking fee and "he was going to get it". So I hung up where he tried to call me back four times in a row.

Fast forward about an hour my CC company called and said that 4 different businesses from the New York Area where trying to charge my card the same amount... Which happened to work out to the 10% restocking fee. I told them the whole story and they just canceled my card and overnight-ed me a new one.

FYI: They will try to tell you they can sell you a factory warranty for more. They can not and Nikon will not accept it. Also this warranty works out to be the same cost as just buying the camera through trusted stores. Always, always check The camera manufactures authorized retailers and ONLY buy thorough them. From here on out I only deal with B&H or Adorama, which have amazing customer service and shipping times.

Also always use CC when doing online transactions they add a layer of protection from issues like this where bank/debit cards will not. I also get the added bonus of points and price protection if the camera becomes cheaper over the next X months.

This why the Houston Camera exchange is the only store I deal with that isn't B&H, Adorama or Amazon. Too many turds out there. By the way you'll love the D800. Those are the bodies I'm running and I love them. Spend the money on glass, because all of a sudden the resolution makes cheap glass look really bad!

robgendreau

Explorer
There was a thread a few months ago about an almost-too-good price on I think a Canon at Ritz Camera. Turned out it was gray market as well; the buyer was concerned about warranty. Sort of surprised me even they were doing this, but I guess biz is kinda cutthroat.

Amazon, OTOH, is almost too trusting. Bought a camera and they misdelivered it (went to the completely wrong business, on a day we weren't even open). On my verbal complaint they overnighted me one the next day. Since they don't ship them with a signature req'd, I guess I have a trustworthy voice....

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I generally keep my camera shopping limited to B&H, KEH (typically for used gear), Adorama and Amazon. I've never had a bad experience with any of those and between them, I can usually find what I want at a decent price.

JackW

Explorer
B&H and KEH for me too - I've bought thousands of dollars of equipment from these two without a single complaint. B&H has great prices on new stuff and KEH is the go-to place for most of my used equipment (although B&H is now selling used stuff as well).
Since KEH is Atlanta based I can order something and go over and pick it up in person. I just don't really need to use any other sources although I occasionally pick something up off the local craigslist.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
When I was shopping for a new 70D or 6D a couple months ago, I called a couple of the NJ/NY camera shops. The Sopranos factor kicked in after talking with them. I paid more from B&H but they threw in a bunch of stuff like a bag, SD card, etc. They always have awesome service!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
i dont care about warrenty, i only buy products that have factory garuntee(however thats spelled) such as warn, canon, microsoft, anything where if there is something seriously wrong with it then they will own up to their mistake, if a company doesnt do this then i do not consider this a good company. If I damage it then its my fault and no warrently will cover a lens being shattered, or a drown camera. like if it doenst adjust shutter speed or the actual camera breaks in half then ill say something.
even most car companies will honor factory defects. i had a valve knock in my 4runner at 100k and toyota said it shouldent do that at 100k, and the rest of the motor looked almost brand new, oil was changed, belts tight, they had all the records for it so it had to be a facotry defect they did a complete head job for free. it was awsome.
Grey market import means you have NO COVERAGE at all on yoru camera from MFG defects. you have a paperweight if it breaks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior