I need help from LJ owners ...

efuentes

Explorer
After thinking long and hard I decided to ditch my CJ8 project and instead build a CJ Unlimited :cool:.

Down here in Mexico The LJ was not sold and I cant get hold of some of the measures, especially from the back part, could somebody measure the rear area for me?

Thanks for your help.

Saludos

dukegnarley

Observer
I'm most of the way done doing this to a yj. you will need to stretch the back of your jeep 14 and 7/8"

unlimitedlength.jpg

= 55 and 7/8"

build015-4.jpg

efuentes

Explorer
Thanks a lot, did you stretch 10 inches in front of the axle to keep the wheelbase at 104?

Its that a LJ softtop?, cool ...

Saludos

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
DUKE you must post front pictures of the stretched YJ!!

FUENTES, are you building an LJ with a CJ front clip?

dukegnarley

Observer
I stretched the frame once at the top of the wheel arch, and i stretched the body once. This left me with a weird looking wheel well, so i bought some poison spyder LJ crusher corners to cover it up. The wheelbase should be right around 103.5" to make the body stretch i used the back end of another yj so there is only one weld seam.

I do have a build thread going on over at Jeepforum in the YJ tech section.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629700 Some of the people over there are a bit overly enthuisiastic about it though (so you've been warned).

Pics of how i got the tj top to fit the yj windshield frame are on about page 13. It was actually really easy. the main thing is you can't use a stock yj rollcage because the bars that go forward to the windshield are too far apart for the door surrounds to attach to. If you had a cj cage you could probaby put the bars wherever you wanted to to make it work. I'm using a factory LJ cage for now.

Last edited:

dukegnarley

Observer
NOMADIC_LJ said:
DUKE you must post front pictures of the stretched YJ!!

FUENTES, are you building an LJ with a CJ front clip?

build014-3.jpg
[/IMG]

that's the best i can do right now. this side doesn't have the crusher corner on yet.

efuentes

Explorer
Duke,

Thanks alot for the link, you just made my life alot easier, I´ll post picts of my buildup.

Saludos

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
Edmundo, sorry to Hijack, I just wanted to post this pic I found some time ago. Its more for Duke since he is building something close to this.

I'm not sure if its a stretched YJ or a CJ8 with a YJ clip. Very cool either way

i478_85134726b.jpg

efuentes

Explorer
Looks like I have settled on the configuration, my CJ Unlimited will be running hi line fenders, 35s on 2" lift and a 5.3 Vortec.

Hopefully it will be something like this pictures .

TFHFTJK_a_xl.jpg

TFHFTJK_b_xl.jpg

I will modify a standard hard top with a pop-top of some sort, I am also still thinking about the right suspension, but leaning to front coils and leaves in the back like the military JK.

Do somebody have detail pictures of the German pop-tops?

Saludos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior