Ideas for cargo in back of Jeep- adding slides for boxes and fridge?

zimm17

Observer
I have a 4 door Wrangler (JKU). It currently has a 3/4" plywood platform bolted down. I have the ARB 50qt fridge with quick release tie downs. I'm now wanting to get a cargo slide for the other side so I can stack in boxes (maybe frontrunner type) and pull them out. I also want a good solution for a water storage container. The fridge works fine without a slide, but if I ever add a cargo rack above it, I'll need one too.

Here's what I'm working with. It looks like I could go up to 24" wide on a cargo slide and it's 36" deep along the floor, and 27" deep at the fridge height to the tail gate.

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpeg
    IMG_2920.jpeg
    833.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2923.jpeg
    IMG_2923.jpeg
    916.2 KB · Views: 16

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I made a single full-width slide out of tube and expanded metal. I love it. A folding table slips under, along with some other gear, and a shelf sits over the fridge for upper storage. Jerry cans, bags, chuck box whatever can sit next to fridge.

86scotty

Cynic
If I still had a JKU and needed a water storage solution I'd go for the AEV bumper, no question. Pricey but awesome.

Have you thought of a Rotopax tube mounted high to your roll bar? Or a Rotopax mounted to the outside of the roll bar, between window and roll bar? Not sure if one would fit there but I've thought about it.

86scotty

Cynic
Once daylight happens. Everything from making that was a few phones ago.
What? You mean you don't swap photos to new phone and keep piling them up? Lol. I've got about 7000 pics on my phone. It really ticks me off when I'm searching for something important like Jeep mods and can't find it and then I come across a photo I saved of an interesting looking burrito or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior