I'm looking for something like the intech explore but under 94 inches tall for mostly family camping.

Jmansdad

I currently have an awesome Aliner. We love it. But, want something that can fit in our car port and be able to have easier access to stuff. The intech explore is enticing because I am cyclist, and can use it for other things. I like it's minimal nature and the double tip out. I've got two young kids (under 5) and can throw down a pack and play for the toddler to sleep in. The toy hauler isn't necessary, but damn is it attractive.

Things I dont like about the Aliner - we don't want a home away from home. We just want a base camp sort of deal. Something that simplifies camping. Easy set up, quick take down.

Budget is around 20-30k for the right one. Preferably used.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I only stalk people I like but I promise i was not asking for a date ;) I am sure jamansdad knows I ment generally speaking just in case he seeks direct to customer manufacturers and the terrain he likes ride and camp at. Very funny as a do deserve to get my you know what's busted know and again. Thx for your kind words Treefarmer!

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So under 94" and a stand up means it will have to be a pop up which requires just a few more minutes of set up time.

Arkto is the closest to your budget new but used ones are likely not around.

I hate to say this but a used Taxa Mantis may be the only rig that checks your boxes.

What's your tow vehicle?

EPO

The Great Outdoors RV in Colorado has new 2022 Taxa Mantis Overland's available. Last I heard, they were selling fast so don't know if their website is up to date.

rehammer81

For Taxa awareness if you don't already know, I learned from Taxa while doing a little research for a buddy interested in a Mantis, they have switched back to the Dexter torsion axles from the Lipperts that were having problems. I didn't know this but they also used Dexter axles prior to the 2020/2021 time frame. They weren't clear on exactly when the swap from Lippert back to Dexter occurred so I'm not sure if all 2022s remaining would be Dexter but 2023 models should be. They believe the switch should address the axle issues they were having.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Stalker alert :D
How to know for sure.

65b7ce38a984911dab52a726a3d96945.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Raymac1963

So, you want to keep it at home for easy access and no storage fees, You want to sand up and change clothes, but you like the Intech...

Slap a RTT on the baby and you're all set. The kids sleep inside where height isn't a problem, and "the loft" as my kids call it is very comfortable with a good sleeping bag for 2.

E583650C-FB36-4BCF-8D3C-ADB006FFB173.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger