I'm TIRED of this sit!

simple

Adventurer
I've got a chair quiver because I like chillaxing.

I'll find room for a zero gravity when I'm going to do a big hike or long bike ride or something. (max comfort)

Rei Co-op Camp Low Chair for short range car camp trips, around the yard, at the beach, etc. (good comfort)

$20 Helinox amazon knock off for long range car camp trips (ok comfort but can fit 4 in a tiny space and they are super light weight)

Helinox chair zero for back packing (least comfort, beats the heck out of a the ground or a rock)

swduncan

Observer
Take a look at the Kermit Chair with leg extensions. Best back support of any chair I’ve tried. The GSI Pico mentioned above is also good, but they’re heavy.
I like the Kermit, I find it to be more comfy without the leg extensions, but harder to get into and out of. The Kermit packs small, and and isn't too heavy. But, it's fiddly to assemble/disassemble, so at a typical gathering I tend to feel like professor gadget putting the thing together. Once assembled it folds flat quickly - like an old-school lawn chair.

RacerAV

Zero Gravity, with beer and snack holder and a slot to hold the remote. Just lean back, recline, take a nap.

61uMQ3JY+ZL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg
I had two of these in the backyard for a year or so, awesome chairs! Not the best for vehicle based adventures, limited storage space and all... plus the weight, but man they were nice!

RacerAV

I am going back to old fashioned law chairs, with the webbing. Fit all the OP's criteria, except for folded size. But lighter, 7.7 lbs at Amazon. Instant opening, vented, indestructible. We took some rafting down the Grand Canyon long ago, so I figure I can find somewhere to mount them.
I thought about that too. Sticking to a great, easy to use, lightweight, flat folding chair, then mounting externally somehow as if they're maxtrax! lol... THAT could work! Like a front runner table under the roof rack idea...

RacerAV

I'm too lazy to look up the specs for your other chair. But this chair came to mind instantly. They pack flat AND have a table. I've got a few of their jet tent pilot chairs and they've been extremely durable over the past several years.

oh wow... that little table is a game changer! Dang it, it's heavy but .... Like it!! Need to find some pics of it folded up now... BRB

Kevin108

Explorer
I have a recommendation: find a chair that you don't pack away. Mine lives diagonally behind the driver seat, always at the ready. Instead of trying to find the best bad chair, get something comfortable and make a place for it.

Last edited:

concretejungle

Adventurer
I have the GSI rocker and really like it. It's super comfortable, relatively light weight and packs up fairly small. The perfect camp chair is like a unicorn! The lighter you go, the less comfy and harder to set up. The bigger you go, the more comfortable they are but harder to pack away and carry around.

RacerAV

well... MIGHT have a new option, the CLIQ chair:

I hated it, chalked it up to just another stupid Chinese made Instagram item, disposable and not worth my time... BUT maybe not?

EDIT: Scratch that... after reading a plethora of Amazon reviews, the internet remains undefeated. The chair is a great concept but it doesn't hold up. Cracked plastic and aluminum galore. Not worth trying for me at this point. Damn... It checked all the boxes for me, but added a "high quality" problem and left that box unchecked lol.

Last edited:

RacerAV

I have a recommendation: find a chair that you don't pack away. Mine lives diagonally behind the driver seat, always at the ready. Instead of trying to find the best bad chair, get something comfortable and make a place for it.
A solid idea... Would allow for a better chair too probably. OR maybe even a more "packable chair" that I just don't break down so far... leaving it partially built for quick deployment could work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12