Importing a hardside pop-up truck camper from Europe?

Pierre D

Did any of you hear/know anything about this builder? https://laske-expedition.de/#umbau Their base unit starts at 66 790euro and it goes up from there quickly!
With some modifications, it could become the perfect rig for my wife and I. Their communication has been great, they are willing to do some customizations and they can adapt the size to fit an F150.
Hypothetically, how difficult would it be to import to Canada? It's not motorized! I find info about the 15-year rule for vehicles but this is not one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Pierre

rruff

Explorer
Funny, I was just looking at Euro campers and wondered the same. Prices seem good for what you get, and many are more expedition oriented vs the massive and cheaply built norm in the US.

sddefault.jpg

SootyCamper

Did any of you hear/know anything about this builder? https://laske-expedition.de/#umbau Their base unit starts at 66 790euro and it goes up from there quickly!
With some modifications, it could become the perfect rig for my wife and I. Their communication has been great, they are willing to do some customizations and they can adapt the size to fit an F150.
Hypothetically, how difficult would it be to import to Canada? It's not motorized! I find info about the 15-year rule for vehicles but this is not one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Pierre

Looks like you could just import the camper portion(just pay the import duty on cargo) then have it attached to your truck here in Canada. That way you just go get it inspected and registered as an RV locally.

I'd be worried about shipping the truck over and having the modifications made in Europe only to have the port authority declare it remanufactured and inadmissible due to the 15 year rule.

Uncharted waters for sure. Will be following along, hopefully someone with experience chime in.

Pierre D

I can't offer anything new but that is the idea... Getting the camper portion only shipped from Europe using a North American truck.
I need to sell my current rig 1st but next summer's plans are getting in the way!
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12