Inexpensive Cabin Air Filters for 4Runner & Others

teotwaki

Excelsior!
These are exact copies in all of the physical dimensions. Hopefully the filtration capabilities of the paper are at least adequate. One filter from Toyota is $20. I could never find a very good deal on the OEM filters.

I bought 10 of these on EBay, shipped to me including CA sales tax for $73.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4Run...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Box of 10

Dirty OEM filter from the truck

Clean filter out of the box

side-by-side, same dimensions

The following pictures have red circles drawn around the retention tabs to show that the new filter fits fine

close ups

Last edited:

Applejack

Explorer
I have an '05 Taco, would these be the same filters? If so where is it located? I always wondered that and wanted to check to see if mine was dirty.

Rexsname

Explorer
Under the dash, behind the glove box. Press in on the sides of the glove box and let it all the way down. There is a small access panel about 1 1/2"X 10" that is removed to allow access to the cabin filter. It's really quite easy.

REX

richard cabesa

Adventurer
I have an '05 Taco, would these be the same filters? If so where is it located? I always wondered that and wanted to check to see if mine was dirty.

It appears to be a different part number but the seller has them here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BULK...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the heads up, Teotwaki. Last time I got service done they tried to charge me $59 for a fresh one. I said, "vacume it" I knew there had to be a cheaper source.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Under the dash, behind the glove box. Press in on the sides of the glove box and let it all the way down. There is a small access panel about 1 1/2"X 10" that is removed to allow access to the cabin filter. It's really quite easy.

REX

Hey Rex, is that only for the 4-Runner? I can't seem to find it on my 2004 Double cab. Thanks

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Thanks for the reply.

Hey I just saved money because there's not a filter to change. Sweet!

frgtwn

Adventurer
retrofit in Gen 1?

Has anyone heard of putting the new filter system in a Gen 1? I am also interested in the same for an 80.

Thanks,
Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12

Members online