Installing a Rekluse

Betarocker

Adventurer
Rekluse parts showed up for my 06 KTM 450 exc. Z-start Pro and the Left Hand rear brake kit. Install tomorrow. Woohoo

Betarocker

Adventurer
The install went smoothly, but took longer than I thought. The instructions were clear and precise, but only covered the Rekluse components. The RFS engine doesn't have a clutch cover; the entire right side engine case needs to be removed. This required the removal of the kickstarter and the rear brake foot lever. My KTM owner's manual doesn't list all the torque specs so I had to search the web for a service manual. I reused the friction discs, but I had bought a new set in case they were worn too much. I had also bought a new cover gasket which did get used.
Installing the brake lever took the most time. I have a CES multifunction switch. I had to screw around with placement of the clutch lever, switch, and brake; and also reposition the bark buster bracket. Once I was satisfied with the lever position, the rest of the install was a breeze. Other than bleeding. This would have been easier with a second person who could knock on the hose and lever to assist in getting the air bubbles to rise.
I didn't take any pictures or videos of the install. The Rekluse site has videos and Raven looks better than me.
A quick test ride to break in the components was enough to tell me this was the right thing to do. Right hand off camber tight downhill switchbacks are way less of a pain; you can use your foot as an outrigger AND still have a rear brake. Also, you can't stall (unless you really try ) . This helps keep momentum when you need it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger