Insulated composite panel supplier in North America

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hi there,

I'm currently working on the final design of a single axle, fully insulated 4 season camping trailer. I got most of the details sorted out except the source for my composite panels. Anyone have any pointers of where to get them? The sizes I need are roughly 4x8

Thanks!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Just a thought guys, if the hangup you are having is simply the MFG refusing to sell to the general public, try talking to a hardware store, lumber yard, or home store. Find a buyer, and see if they can bring it in for you with their wholesale connections.

For the record, I am one of these buyers, and if interested, I could look into said products. Though if purchased through me, you would have to travel to north Idaho to pick it up when it arrives.

Victorian

Hey folks! Thanks a lot for all your great replies! Good stuff :) My goal is to have all parts sourced and ready assembly next spring.

Cheers,
Andreas

S2DM

Adventurer
I would talk to a boat builder. Before we lucked into our panels, we were planning on having a boat builder make them, composite panels are present somewhere in just about every boat. The other option is to have someone who makes composite campers make you some panels. Their willingness may vary based on order backlog, but an FRP sandwich panel isnt rocket science to make. Some of the more esoteric panels are, but a good flat FRP panel isnt.

Victorian

Another option : http://www.draketruck.com/product-refrigerated.php
You may be able to find a company small enough to just sell panels, but I think a completed box is the best option.. Going in person is the best especially if you can get someone interested in your goals.

Although those boxes could do the job, I prefer building our trailer a bit nicer ;-) I learned at Unicat how to build them sturdy and would like to implement some details into ours. Without going too much into details (still working on it) we are thinking of following this idea: http://www.unicat.com/en/pics/BS6KD-2.php But we could also use a Westfalia pop up to gain standing height. We also trying to think about the future, therefore the box will be constructed in a way where it can be mounted on a 4x4 truck in a couple of years. Maybe even a Unimog, who knows :)

Victorian

I would talk to a boat builder. Before we lucked into our panels, we were planning on having a boat builder make them, composite panels are present somewhere in just about every boat. The other option is to have someone who makes composite campers make you some panels. Their willingness may vary based on order backlog, but an FRP sandwich panel isnt rocket science to make. Some of the more esoteric panels are, but a good flat FRP panel isnt.

You are correct, crafting those panels is not difficult... Our family business in Germany is manufacturing them... Shipping and the small, non standard sizes are the killer otherwise I would get them from there :)

LoRoad

Adventurer
3d Printers

Has anyone thought about using a large scale or component walls made via 3d printing? Or is the tech not there yet?

daniel ruops

Adventurer
Consider Ebert coomposits

Ebert South Bay Research Facility Location

651 Anita St, STE B-8
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619) 423-9360 ex10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12